Baby Name Help - Please Respond

by adelmaal 39 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well I vote for Reghan Brooke with the different spelling it is unique and looks more feminine. The traditional spelling looks masculine to me.

My given name is Kathryn and I have never been called Kathryn in my entire life not even by my Mom when she was mad at me........she had "other" pet names for that. On all my legal papers I have had to use Kathryn not my nick name. This was very impressed on me while I was in hard labor with my first baby. I had already pre-registered with the hospital so all the admitting paper work would be out of the way on the big day, or so I though...... I had signed everything with my nick name!!!! While in hard labor the admitting nurse came in and made me re-sign everything! Including my son's birth certificate where to this day my hand writing looks like a drunken sailor signed it......damn labor pains!

This began a trend with my hubby (x now) and I, that he would name the boys (not knowing we would have so many kids, lol) and I would name the girls. I named my girls names which couldn't be nick named at all, or so I thought.......they managed to shorten each others names and still call each other these endearing names, sweet really. They are only 16 months apart and are very close like twins.

I wouldn't worry about her being teased about her name, heck she might have big ears and that is another problem altogether, LOL. Oh well she can always have long hair eh? One thing for sure is you can't prevent or even begin to predict what's ahead of you now that you've entered into the wonderful world of being a parent!

Congrats on the baby and happy pushing!

Kate

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

With my name I was never picked on. I had many nicknames with it but all which I liked and laughed at.

I know what you mean with trying to spell a name differently. My Daughters name is Lillian....but I spelled it Lilyan.

Brooke

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

kate:

this will be my 3rd and last. i did to my oldest daughter what was done to you . her name is alexandria but we all call her lexi (i call her doodle short for lexi-doodle). i'm sure she will get drama eventually when she signs things. my son's name is really simple: cole. we all have nicknames for him though... cole-bear, colitis, colby, etc.

i like reghan too but my husband is the winner since we agreed to go with the majority. reagan brooke won out in 3 different polls

my name is pronounced erin but it's spelled aryn. i've only seen one other person with my spelling.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I love the name Reagan Brooke. And everyone will have their opinons. My baby is due in May and we are naming her Amelia Sofia and everyone tells us Sofia is so much prettier that should be her first name but me and my husband love amelia and figure if she hates it she can change it to Sofia. You can't please everyone so just go with what you like.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Regan Reese - spelling as daughter of King Lear (Shakespeare).

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Our new Daughter was born October 6th and we decided early in the pregnancy on her name....

When we had our son in 1998 we debated names for months. My wifes family has this mindless tradition of naming 1st born sons using a combination of only Franklin, Charles and Kenneth. No Thank you.....LOL

We decided to make both Grandfathers happy by using her maiden name as the middle name and my family name as the last name (obviously). We wanted a nice first name that made an easy nickname and where the initials didn't spell something stupid.

Alexander (Alex) Conrad Wagoner ..........

We also picked a selection of girls names but in 2004 when we found out about our daughter most of the names we had picked out had become common place. We wanted something different without being something she would hate later. We wanted something with meaning, something that showed humor, intelligence, power..something that reflected that she could do anything she wants later in life.... Oh and as most here know....I am a Rabid Republican....LOL

Her middle name was decided already...My mons middle name is Lee...the wife mom's middle name was Ann... so LeeAnn it was.

We decided on........Reagan LeeAnn Wagoner.

Several months after we decided, President Reagan died and we rethought our choice...would if be appropriate....we decided to stick with our choice and feel it has even more meaning now. I had the honor of meeting the President and have several pictures and a keepsake that he gave me along with several other items about him that we have set aside to give to my daughter when she grows up to show her about the man she was named after.

Needless to say we love your choice of Reagan...and Brooke.....I hear that only the smartest and most increadibly beautiful women get named Brooke.....*winkin at whyamihere*

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

To WhyAmIHere/Brooke,

We share the same birthday!!!!!!

hugs,

Annie

• Valis
    Valis
    We decided on........Reagan LeeAnn Wagoner.

could of named her Red Flyer..

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Reagan Brooke

• Special K
    Special K

I vote for

Regan Brook

Regan because the word plays fair when you go to spell it.

Re.. is spelled the way it sounds and Gan.. is spelled the way it sounds

REGAN

and Brooke, for me, because then I would know it was a girl.

Regan Reese and then I'm not sure if it is a girl or boy.

but

the final decision is up to you two.

let us know.

Special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit