Baby Name Help - Please Respond

by adelmaal 39 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

My husband and I are having a heck of a time coming up with the spelling for our new baby girl's name. Please pick the spelling you like and also the middle name you like and let me know. My husband wants to go with the majority vote.

Spelling of First Name: Reagan or Reghan

Middle Name: Reese or Brooke

Thanks to everyone who responds.

• cindykp
    cindykp

Reghan for sure, dont want any ties to the ex pres. And brook, cause you dont want it rolling off the tongue with too many r's!

• Valis
    Valis

Reghan Reese

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Reagan Brooke

my .02

Heatmiser

• minimus
    minimus

Reagan for sure!

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

Ragin' Brooke for sure... I agree, no Reagan ! ugly

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

I vote for Reagan Brooke.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

One of my favorite female names is Ausne. ( Aww-s-nay)

It is a very old European name from thousands of years before any of the modern religions existed.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Reagan Brooke.

Just my advice coming from someone that deals with people every day, make the name simple, easy to pronounce and easy to spell. If you start spelling names different than the norm, no one will ever pronounce it right and your child will be made fun of. I have heard so many names botched over time it's ridiculous.

• glitter
    glitter

It would be too easy for teachers and other people to mispronounce "Reghan" as "Reggan".

"Reese" = Rhys = a boy's name. (Reese Witherspoon is actually named Laura.)

My first name is an "unusual" spelling - I have to correct everything with my name on it, and always have. Not to mention it was impossible to get personalised mugs, stickers, bears, all sorts of minor irritations like that. And also looks like my mum didn't know how to spell my name!

So I vote for Reagan Brooke. :) :) People will think you named her after Ronald Reagan though - are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit