New brother in here!

by defd 290 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

GBL

I would suggest you to pray pray pray. Go to Jehovah God in prayer through Jesus. Ask him for patience and understanding concerning your problem with your concern about it

• defd
    defd

calamity

You lied to me! You said you were a sister and you are not!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Or maybe he's talking about page 140 in "Let your kingdom come" and the understanding of "a generation" which was changed in 1995?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    GBL what messed up chronology. Are you talking about 1975?

cj; maybe he meant the 1995 generation change? Ya think?

Edited to add; Great minds think alike wonderlustguy! LOL

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Looks like we're about to see "New Light" at work!

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Hey Def'd

I'm still trying to make up my mind about JW's. Somethings been bothering me and I wonder how you handle this.... The folks I have studied with tell me that the Society is directed by Jehovah and is his mouthpiece on Earth, however, a friend at work has also shown me Watchtower magazines where they have predicted the end of the world, like in 1914, 1925, and 1975. In one of the articles it even refered to these as "Gods dates, not mans".

Now, I know people make mistakes, but Jehovah doesn't. So if they said these things, they couldn't have received it from Jehovah could they? And doesn't Dueteronomy 18:20-22 warn us about false messengers?

Maybe you can help me sort this out?

Thanks!

-FW

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Defd. I take offence to that. I did not lie. I truly am a sister.

• defd
    defd

free willy

Im sure you have asked One of Jehovahs people this ? before possibly many times over. I do not think i could give u any more insight than what already has been given you.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Calamity: I was thinking more along the 607 BCE date as the fall of Babylon, according to the witnesses. Other than witnesses there are no scholors in the entire world that agree that that date is correct. There is so much evidence showing 587 BCE as the fall its staggering. The only conclusion I could come to is that the governing body is ignoring these facts because it is a hinge point in the claim that they alone are God's channel. The entire religion rests on that date.

defd, what do you suggest I do to forget about that and just go back to meetings?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I hope we aren't gonna flood the poor guy with information.
    At least not until we know a little bit more about him.
    He sounds like a genuinely nice guy.

Besides, I'm looking for a good price for my brakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit