Ozzie's Weekend Poll #126 (It's all about feelings!)

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

11. Other: Sucked us in and spit us out

Cathy L.

• mouthy
    mouthy
    8. Persecuted me
    8. Persecuted me
    8. Persecuted me

They are still doing it to me also

• mouthy
    mouthy

I said it three time for emphasis Oh I forgot ---the taught me that

• Undecided
    Undecided

Used my life till I just couldn't take it anymore.

Ken P.

• under74
    under74

5 thru 9. And maybe 11--I know there's some 11 in there but you'll have to give me some time to gather my thoughts on that.

• bem
    bem
    What best describes your current feelings toward "the Organisation" ?

1. Taught me - I'm a better public speaker now. I " listen" better now to others.

5. Failed me - I believed it hook line and sinker. And now I'm real dissapointed that the 'paradise' is a catch phrase to put fear in us. I really wanted that to be true

6. Fooled me - I feel awful for the ones that are in the wts now by my 'teaching' passing on the lie

7. Harrassed me - Before for years till I would give up and study one more time, studied for years before I was baptised as an adult

8. Persecuted me - When I would not shun my df'd son

9. Twisted me- Still trying to get over the guilt feelings and lies I took as truths.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Taught me but failed me

• toladest
    toladest

They taught me a lot! Some things they intended to teach me and others they didn't. AT FIRST they taught me scriptures and how to speak in public. They taught me I should love people and care about them. (This was a case of do as I say and not as I do.) THEN, they taught me that people can be mean and hateful and cruel. They told me it was the "worldy" people that were that way but eventually I learned it was them. They taught me that people could lie and be judgmental. I learned that I did not want to live that way. They taught me that if you place all of your trust in people you can be burned very badly. They taught me to question everything. They taught me search and study and seek out the truth. (I think thats one of the things they never intended to teach me.) They taught me to be a stronger person by going through what they did to me. They taught how NOT to raise my kids and how NOT to treat my family. They taught me how much it hurts to feel conditional love from them, from my mother and from other family members. They taught me what a cult is and what brainwashing and mind control are.

There is nothing like learning from first hand expierience.

And during all that taching they did for me, they fooled me, they failed me, they twisted me, they tortured me, they harrassed me, they lied to me, burned me, they slandered me, and they almost killed me......

Thanks to the internet and all of you, I found my way out of the whole they threw me in and life is now VERY GOOD! : )

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Who?

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit