Men who lie with men.....

by cindykp 188 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

dude! i'm looking for my own sugar daddy...............or mama.........at this point i aint picky! lmao

• cindykp
    cindykp

I dont know if anyone remembers the game we played in high school. The teach tells one student a story, he tells the person sitting next to him the story and so on. Then by the time it gets to the last person, the story is totally different!!!!!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Barney,

May I ask you a personal question. Being as you are a bonafide straight man, (which I gather from your posts) have you EVER in your entire life enjoyed a bit of girl on girl action in a picture, magazine, video, internet???? Just think about it. Most straight men frown on gay male relationships but have no problem with 2 big breasted blondes kissing each other and whatever, in fact most men find it quite erotic. What is the difference?

For the record, if you didn't GIVE life (i.e. if you're not God) then what gives anyone the right to JUDGE how anyone lives that particular life?

And since I live in Florida too, I hope to see you on A1A someday over a pitcher of beers, maybe we can work this ideaology of yours out.

• cindykp
    cindykp

Just tickled pink

Becarefull now, Barney has a temper, and likes to kill people, remember? lmao

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

(Batting my eyelashes innocently) What Barney doesn't know is that I can seriously kick some ass.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

You know though, this has always made me wonder, what with all the religions out there embracing homosexuals (and I want to state that this is a purely academic question, I have no problem with homosexuals, zero problem with homosexuals) how do they get around the scriptures that from what I can see pretty much condemn the practice. To restate, if most of these denominations that claim to be bible based embrace homosexuals, how do they get around what appears to be a pretty unambiguous prohibition on the practice.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The way they "get around it" is by preaching what Jesus taught to love your neighbor, practise the golden rule. Remember Jesus hung out not with the perfect most holy people, it never says Jesus hung out with those who professed to be virgins, saints, etc... it does say he hung out with the prostitutes and the tax collectors.

So, if Jesus was willing to eat and drink with sinners, and he personally didn't condemn homosexuality, they have every right to have a religion based on Christianity and be gay. I once attended a gay church (MCC) because my best friend is a sign language interpreter for the deaf, she was hired to work every Sunday so I went with her one weekend. It was very interesting and very normal, normal preacher, citing versus, talking about God, etc. It looked like church, felt like church, and pretty much was church. Everyone seemed pretty happy and loving there.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Justtickled, thanks for the reply and I hear what you are saying loud and clear and follow your reasoning. I guess (and I am working from memory here I could be way wrong) the only thing that still troubles me was didn't Jesus list men who lie with men as ones not inheriting the kingdom? Or do I have that wrong.

• undercover
    undercover

Assuming the Bible is fact(a big stretch):

Jesus never condemened homosexuality. The Hebrew God did, but it seems that the Hebrew God and the God Jesus preached about were two different gods. Over zealous apostles later started making all kinds of rules and placing prohibitions on things, but Jesus never did. So you could have a church patterned after Jesus' teachings and attitudes and accept almost anybody who has a good "heart".

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

And to reiterate, I am just trying to understand the reasoning on that topic. I do not want to get hammered as I am not trying to advocate excluding gays from a bible/christian based religion, I just want to understand the thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit