Tough day -- my mom died today

by cruzanheart 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Nina,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But looking at your post, you seem in reasonable good spirits. My thoughts will be with you during this difficult time.

Ary

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Nina I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Blessings to you and your family.

Sherry

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Nina,

I am so sorry for the pain you are all feeling. I know that it is tough dealing with Alzheimer's. It really is a hard thing to go through.

Death is a release for all concerned and in this happening, may your heart be released from the bondage of pain it has been held in while you have endured watching the illness take its course. My thoughts are with you. If you need anything. Even if it is just a coffee and a chat. I will send my number. Please call.

Sincere Love,

SP

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear of your mother's death.

Blondie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

On the way home from the nursing home, after Jennie and Jackson had said their goodbyes to their grandma, the 3 of us had a fairly in depth and philosphical discussion on life and death. Jackson wanted to know why "things look the way they do". In other words, why is the sky blue, and who decided grass should be green and why can't I see the side of my face and so on.

Jennie was pretty shook up at seeing her grandmother just minutes after her death. I had asked them both if they wanted to see her and I tried to explain carefully but simply but they would see (she would look like she's asleep) but I also warned them that seeing death is very difficult and unlike anything they would ever see. They both said they felt like owed to grandma, so we went into her room. That was when Jackson immediately went to his grandmother and gave her a big hug (brought a lump to my throat). Jennie on the other stood back by the door and watched for a couple of second and turned to leave. I went with her and held her out in the halllway. She looked up at me and said with very big eyes, "I had no idea."

Death may be a part of life, but it is still very hard to see.

Chris

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray peace come to you and your family. My heart aches for you.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had a friend whose mother had Alzheimers and I witnessed the progression over time. She took very good care of her; living on unemployment to care for her full time, putting her education on hold until her mother passed away. And then in my family, it seems all women 75 years and older come down with progressive vascular dementia -- all my aunts on my dad's side came down with this, along with my great great grandmother and my great grandmother. I will probably end up the same way if I don't die from something else first. It's very hard to see the person you love slowly vanish. My favorite aunt of all is going through this right now and is in pretty advanced stages of dementia. I saw her two years ago after she had already taken the slide down, when she was at the point she didn't quite know who I was or what was going on around her, and the most poignant part for me was when she mentioned something about her mother and it seemed that she knew she was going through what her mother went through. I don't know if it was a lucid moment or a misunderstanding on my part, but that was what moved me the most....

I give you my best wishes and condolences, and hope each day henceforth will be a little brighter than the last....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs your entire family. i'm sorry for your loss..

i lost a dear aunt to alzheimers just 2 yrs ago.. it was like her spirit had left her years before she actually died.so knowing her body was at peace as well, was a sad bittersweet relief. i understand.

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

(((Nina)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I understand what you mean about that sense of relief - I felt that when my Dad passed away.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

- CF

• poppers
    poppers

I am so sorry for your loss, Nina, and I understand the relief when this sort of passing takes place. My mother suffered from Alzheimers the last 5 years of her life. It was painful seeing her become something other than the person I knew. I was blessed to be with her as she took her last breath after her heart finally gave out. Knowing that she was no longer confused and afraid gave me deep relief despite the grief of her passing.

keith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit