Tough day -- my mom died today

by cruzanheart 144 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thank you all. I really appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and hugs! No, no JW funeral in any way, shape or form. I talked to one elder in my parents' old congregation who I respect enough to tell and I let him know that the service will be private. We are inviting two families to come and will just have a gravesite memorial. I want everyone, kids included, to get up and tell their favorite story about Mom. And I am going to pour some ouzo into the grave before we put the box of ashes in. (She was VERY Greek.)

Hugs to all of you,

Nina

• under74
    under74
    And I am going to pour some ouzo into the grave before we put the box of ashes in.

NIce. We poured some whiskey on my grandma's grave during her service. I think she would've found it not only appropriate but funny too.

All the best to you and yours.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Here's a photo of Mom at hers and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary party. Her Alzheimer's was just starting to take hold of her (she barely remembered the party afterward), but we caught her in a happy moment with this:

• Carmel
    Carmel

My condolences to you and your family!

carmel

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And here's a picture of Dad and Mom the year they got married, 1948:

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((((((Nina, Chris, Jeanie and Jackson)))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes reading about the hospital visit with the kids and Nina waiting there for the final things to be done for her dear Mother. Reflecting on her life, Nina may the memories you hold in your heart of your Mother always bring a smile to your face.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of your parents, now I see where you get your incredible smile.

Hugs and love,

Kate

• Jade
    Jade

((((((((((Nina, Chris, Jennie, and Jackson)))))

I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in our prayers.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

(((((((((( Nina, Chris, Jennie, and Jackson )))))

I am so sorry for you.....

Branda

• wednesday
    wednesday

Nina

I really like your memorial service plans for your mom. Recently we attended one for a friend where they took turns each telling their personal stories about her. Her daughters made a scape bock with pictures form childhood to the present. At the end they gave everyone a bud to plant in remembrance of her. It We all got a songbook with her favorite songs and all sang along. We cried and laughed and well, I felt so good on leaving. . We really celebrated her life.

your mom and dad were a lovely couple.

weds

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

A day late as usual but I'm so very sorry for you, Chris and the kids.

- Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit