Staying awake during the Watchtower study

by drahcir yarrum 45 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Here's a question I always wanted answered during the years I was a Witness. . . What's the best way to stay awake during the Watchtower study? Oh, furthermore, what's the best way to stay awake during any Witness "snooze-a-thon" brainwashing session?

• gsark
    gsark

A Walkman or generic equivalent. Just did it at the DC this weekend.

Alternatives: read C of C or In Search of C. F. Just stand/applaud/sing when everyone else does!

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

gsark:

Those are interesting methods for staying awake during meetings and assemblies. On a serious note, how difficult is it for those of you still attending Witness meetings regularly when you know it is NOT the truth? To me, your sacrifice is more than the sacrifice of those like me who have simply walked away.

Richard

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

here is a very practical solution to stay awake during the meeting, being that i would constantly nod off,
    I found that it helped me out greatly and my time became much more productive

STOP GOING AND WASTING YOUR TIME

you already know meetings are a waste of time and their teachings are bullshit so . . . . .
    my tidbit du jour

peace
    dc

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

When I still had to go, I rather enjoyed my 1 1/2 hour naps.

Sit way in the back corner, away from the PO, and hunker down for a nice nap.

Slipnslidemaster: "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
    - Salvador Dali

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I agree with gsark. Personal radios with headphones is a great way to go especially at conventions. They broadcast the convention on AM radio. Meanwhile you can be listening to something better.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• blondie
    blondie

Don't go.

Why try? Just make sure you don't fall out of your chair. I used to sit by one parent and one sibling both nodding off trying to keep them awake and in their chairs. Haha. One brother told my parent to get more rest....right!

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

My favorite way to stay Awake! during the Watchtower Study:

Conveniently raise your hand on comment on a pertinent quote from one of Ray Franz' books. Then, enjoy watching the conductor hem and haw his way out of it.

Or: another old favorite: Take a nice old CB radio and drive alongside the Hall and broadcast the words "Shut up" over and over again. They'll hear it loud and clear!!! Works great on older halls where the sound system wiring isn't shielded too well. They'll think the devil himself is talking!

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

I got you guys beat as far as the conventions are concerned. I used to own one of those full size camcorders, that play regular VHS tapes. One year I plugged in an earpeice and watched The whole Star wars trilogy thru the viewfinder. It looked like I was just videotaping the assembly. lol...one of my fonder memories.

SlayerLayer---God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the snowy mountains and I had to eat him.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Werent WT studies designed to allow for sleep? If not, why the hell were they so boring? Also, if you studied in advance, you didnt need to be awake. LOL
    If I were still wasting my time, I would be listing the songs on my next mixed CD I need to produce.
    And you can bet it wont be KING-DUMB SMELL-ODIES.

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit