Hey Women! Faithful Slave Sez You're Dumb!

by metatron 42 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, this is gonna be fun!

The August 22, 1967 Awake has an article entitled
    "I Do Not Permit a Woman to Exercise Authority
    over a Man -- Why?" (pg. 27).

It says:
    "Thus a leading authority on the human body .. tells the
    interesting fact that as regards the human skull there is
    no difference between the male and the female until the
    time of puberty; but then as adulthood is reached the
    difference becomes more and more apparent. The female
    skull is lighter and its cranial capacity is about 10
    percent smaller than that of the male..... True, mere
    brain size in itself is not as important as brain quality
    ,but where the quality is the same the larger brain has
    an advantage.[quotes study on brain size and ability
    in starving Africans] Implicit in these findings is that
    man is advantaged by a greater brain size....women
    must learn the art of 'eternal acquiescence' and 'deep
    altruism' in dealing with their husbands if they want
    to find happiness."

Well, there you have it. The 'faithful and discreet
    slave' has spoken!

I offer the above as evidence of the Society's current
    inability to defend it's doctrine publically. Sure,
    they can quote a few scriptures, but for a great many
    topics they're mired in impotence, unable to explain
    themselves.

So, here's the quote you wanted, hawkaw!

metatron

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

QUOTE:

"Thus a leading authority on the human body .. "

Does the Society say who this "leading authority" is? This is exactly what I mean by the society making quotes, and not saying who said them. MORE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS PROPAGANDA FOLKS!

By the way, I got a good laugh out of it! How sexist can they be?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Francois
    Francois

Proving once again that there are no limits to the utter stupidity of the WTB&TS.

You know, that passage sounds exactly like the KKK quoting some un-named expert "proving" that the white race is superior to all others. Just change a few words around, and you'd have exactly that.

I can't wait to see how the Jay-Dubs who hang out here justify this one.

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• fodeja
    fodeja
    The August 22, 1967 Awake has an article entitled "I Do Not Permit a Woman to Exercise Authority over a Man -- Why?" (pg. 27).

Pleeaase! I need a scanned image of that one!!

Great stuff, meta. Reminds me of that "young persons ask" article on bovine mating habits.

f.

• metatron
    metatron

I'll be fair - they claim Gray's Anatomy 1966 edition sez
    this.

metatron

• Introspection
    Introspection

Kind of an inane comment, but has anyone else noticed that FDS also stands for Feminine Deodorant Spray? Coincidence? You be the judge. Click here for discreet shopping: http://store.yahoo.com/buyinprivate/fdsfemdeodsp.html

• LDH
    LDH

Hey, Met,

This is one dumb bunny who was smart enough to get off the sinking ship!

Thanks for the laugh.

Lisa

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hi Francoise,

You said: "You know, that passage sounds exactly like the KKK quoting some un-named expert "proving" that the white race is superior to all others. Just change a few words around, and you'd have exactly that."

Actually, if you go back far enough, you will find Society publications that contain inferences that the white race is superior to other races.

Take a look at these gems I gathered from the old H2O...

"The white rulers of Britain have superior mental and moral abilities. Blacks however, are gaining ground." - Golden Age, May 5, 1926, p. 483.

"There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world." - Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p 702.

"The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst it's various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control. It remains to be proven that the similar commingling of the various tribes of Chinese for several centuries would not equally brighten their intellects; and the same with the peoples of India and Africa" -
    WatchTower, July 15, 1902:216.

Jigrigger

• AGuest
    AGuest

So, a couple of guys who couldn't think... thought... and most probably STIL think... women can't think. What's new? Just serves to gives the term 'neanderthal'... when used in describing 'certain men' (particularly a 'bigoted group of men who systematically endeavor to throttle all Bible understanding unless it comes through them' - Proclaimer's Book, pp. 69-70) an accurate definition, don't it? Arrogant wusses. 'Average Joes'.

Peace, you all!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• blondie
    blondie

Here are some newer quotes although the intelligence of women is not directly noted. I feel intelligence is proportional to the degree you exercise it, just like strength to muscles.

*** g81 6/8 31 Watching the World ***
    Brain Size and IQ
     In most scientific textbooks and articles on evolution, it is usually implied that the brain size of fossilized apelike creatures or ancient humans is directly related to their intelligence. However, British neurologist John Lorber surveyed “people with severely reduced amounts of brain tissue,” reports GEO magazine, and concluded that they “can have average or above-average IQs.” In fact, one subject had a brain much smaller than normal and an IQ of 126—well above average.

*** g77 10/8 22 One Human Race ***
    Brain size is also pointed to as evidence of a basic difference between whites and blacks. It is claimed that, on the average, the brains of blacks are slightly smaller than those of whites. Yet, even if this were true, normal variations in brain size evidently do not affect intelligence. If they did, whites would be less intelligent than Eskimos and American Indians who, on the average, have larger brains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit