Hey Women! Faithful Slave Sez You're Dumb!

by metatron 42 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

WHAT?? HUH I don't get it ??????

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Meta,

A sweet post! Yes they may quote from Gray's that there is a diffeerence in cranial capacity, but the inference that that makes women dumber than men is ALL THEIR OWN. I love it (hate it) when they quote a source correctly and then extrapolate from it all sorts of wacky sh*t and make it seem like the original source is still saying it!!

to quote JT:

you gotta love it

Jer.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hey jigrigger

Interesting quotes, I've seen a couple of the ones you posted but never the one that includes the Chinese. Funny thing about the people of China, many of the things we take advantage of or think of as "modern inventions" were invented in China and then some were lost with time. Even some of our sports such as Golf and Soccer (football for many of you). The compass, seismic (earthquake) dectection devices, gunpowder, ect. ect. Even our prized porcelain wares were all invented in china, many years even centuries before these, "keenly" intelligent "white" people discovered them.

Ahhh such is the ex-sperts that the WTS uses. I remember the quotes from ex-sperts that the WTS used, saying that getting a vaccination, transplant, or blood transfusion, would cause you to become "animal like" or become like the person that the transplants or blood were taken from (i.e. if he/she were a murderer, you would be much like that person). I wonder where they get these experts, they must scour the world looking for some idiot with a degree to say something like these.

seedy

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Metatron,

I was hoping you saw my note.

Thank you so much and love your honest posts. I still remember your one on the UN a few months back on H20 - killing 1.47 billion kids is the solution.

I take it this one on women is the "current light" (cough, cough, gag).

Is there any way to get the "full article" posted on this site?

I know exactly who is going to see this - someone who thinks the WTS does not discriminate against women (believe it or not).

hawk

• Lindy
    Lindy

"someone who thinks the WTS does not discriminate against women (believe it or not)."

This isn't that hard to believe. I have been in this Organization some 40+ years and it was never hard to see that women were treated as submissive, unintelligent, the "weaker" vessel, ones who can't take the lead (without the doily on the head, anyway), and ones who could not delve out counsel. Maybe she is just not wanting to admit it. To do so might mean that she will have to "see" other things too? I saw the discriminating treatment right away as a child but I was taught that was the way things are, okayed by Jehovah, so I just went on, not knowing better yet. Maybe she is "brainwashed" too. If I can see the "light" after all these years, there is always hope for others.
    I met a large amount of highly intelligent women in the Organization. I wonder today, out of all of them, who might still be around, and how they stay as long as they do. It was some of these women, unintentionally, that got my brain working and questioning. Unless you are really stuck in this WTBTS (and many are for many reason), I don't know how critical thinking people can stay.

Lindy, who wishes you well on helping this woman to see the true light.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Lindy,

Thanks for the kind words. She is a good of friend of my wife and me. I now realize after getting to "really" know a lot of JWs that this "isn't really that hard to believe".

But the problem with her is she hates "reading" (the words a recruiter loves to hear). This combined with the "drilling" of her JW mom and all of her mom's friends have unfortunately taken their toll. This has made her very intellectually lazy so it is a tough struggle (me against about 50 people). I have told her things and she has opened up to a point. She now knows about some of the history. And then, once at that point (like most JWs) the wall is erected to get rid of the cognitive dissonance and I can say no more. I know she gets mad at me for doing it no matter how "tender" I am. My big problem when I talk to her is making sure I don't sound like a "Mr. Know it All" and trying to get the mind to think she is in a "dangerous cult". The only thing that keeps her from taking the "big plunge" is the boring meetings and the "not wanting to go door knocking".

Her father died due to hep C from a blood transfusion too. He had Leukemia. So trying to make her understand that it was a bunch of guys in Ottawa who were at fault for not alllowing for the testing of AIDs and Hep C and not the fault of the blood itself is almost impossible for her to understand - I need a lot patience.

She is just but one I am now trying to help. This kids stuff wrt to the blood issue and other things like the peds is just unreal and the shunning (.... Well that type of hate is big time wrong).

So I try where I can - like this Frank Gorman stuff for Maximus. If we can get this moving correctly we may be able to change a policy that kills.

Take care Lindy, thanks again, and I have to get going.

hawk

• logical
    logical

Women arent dumb.

Why? Because they have the brains to stay away from a fucked up loser freak like me.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((((((Logical))))))),

Hiya sweetie...I'm actually a pretty intelligent woman and I don't stay away from you! Too bad you live so far away though...we really need to work on your self-esteem issues.

Hawkaw,

I know exactly who is going to see this - someone who thinks the WTS does not discriminate against women (believe it or not).

I understand how frustrating it is to try to reason with people who, for whatever reasons, can't see or don't want to. A thought struck me while I was reading your post and Lindy's reply (btw Lindy...always enjoy what you have to say!). Remember that for some women in the WTS, it is much safer and much easier for them to not have to think for themselves. They have it easy in the sense that they do not have to make any hard decisions for themselves, all they have to do is follow the lead of the men and they can feel that they are being 'righteous' in doing so. I can say this as I used to be one of those women...and my mother still is. It was terrifyng to me at first to have to make major decisions on my own as I had never learned how to do that, having been raised as a JW but hey, I love it now!! LOL Anyway, your friend may also be fighting a bit of this type thinking as well....

Just my .02

Dana

"Someday we'll find it...the rainbow connection...the lovers, the dreamers and me"

Kermit the Frog
    "Rainbow Connection"

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

The other day after seeing some things on television about honor killings in various Muslim countries, my JW wife asked why and how this could occur. (In some Muslim communities, if a woman has dishonored her family in some way -- adultery, sex outside of marriage, pregnancy outside of marriage, etc. -- they have the right, either explicit or implicit, to kill her.) I explained that they lived in a patriarcal society where women were second class citizens, and were more or less property. I pointed out that this was common in Middle Eastern societies, and that the OT supported much of this, citing the example that a man who married a non-virgin woman was with in his rights to stone her to death. She started to defend the Bible with the new covenant of Jesus. I said that wasn't the point, that the honor killings came from a similar point of view. She said: "I'm glad I don't live in a patriarcal society. I could only smile to myself.

CPiolo

The worst vice of the fanatic is his sincerity. -- Oscar Wilde

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Again thanks for all the comments.

And if anyone can look in their WT CD rom & cut and paste this full article onto this thread it would be great.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit