Hey Women! Faithful Slave Sez You're Dumb!

by metatron 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Bumping to the top to see if any one can "cut and paste"?

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT again.

I am hopeful that there is someone out there who has this article and will publish it in full from the CD ROM.

hawk

• eby
    eby

Hawk,

The 1999 version of the CDRom only takes the Awake back to 1970.

eby

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Rats!!! Its not on computer eh!

Metatron or anybody else. Is there any way I can get a scan of this article sent to me?

hawk

• metatron
    metatron

Got a mailing address?

or give an address to Maximus, he can contact me

metatron

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Metatron,

I will be in touch on Monday, July 23, 2001 via Email. My weekend is busy and I got away from my computer where I can Email you. If Maximus reads this, he has my permission to give my name and Email to you but I think he is way too busy with some major stuff to do that - he devotes so much time to such a noble cause - saving little people.

Thank you very kindly and I will be in touch shortly.

hawk

• KissMyTiara
    KissMyTiara

I cannot believe what I just read. I fell out of my chair when I read it. Maybe a man would not have fallen out of his chair, being that he would be too smart to fall.
    Kiss My Tiara

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, Kiss My Tiara,

This man fell out of this chair when he read it.

BUT!! it wasn't because the WTS would dare write something like this. Like they have only needlessly killed a whole pile of little children and proudly displayed 26 of them on the cover of one of their 1994 Awake! rags. Like come on, any thing goes with this group of "perverts" unless the press or a government goes after them.

I fell off my "rolly chair" because Metatron found the actual quote and article - unreal.

I still have not heard on this thread if the article is still the present day "light" (cough, cough) OR if the idiots have actually "toned" down what they said in another later rag edition.

hawk (who is looking forward to Monday when he gets to read the whole stupid article and will then owe metatron anything he wants)

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Metatron,

I Emailed a friend of mine who I think knows you. I am hoping he will forward my message to you. You will have my name and Email shortly.

Thanks for your help in advance.

hawk

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

I didn't comment on this thread at first reading because it's the usual WTBTS stance upon women. They were a tad edgy in this article, because there was a later article or information about the Eskimos having one of the largest size brains - thus showing that it doesn't make any difference.

I would suppose that a white man wrote the proceeding about Eskimos - or at least a man who thought he was quite intelligent) because that's how it's done. "Well, if even the uneducated Eskimos have larger brains than white/black/educated men, then I guess it really doesn't matter, now does it?"

In other words, NOW it doesn't matter if the man's brain is slightly larger in cranial size than a woman's, because they found some uneducated, non-whites, who brains are some of the largest. Duh.

USA women were the underdog (particularily if not white middleclass) at the turn of the 20th century. They fought hard to get legal rights. The WTBTS gave legal rights - but withheld equality. But at least they didn't preach beating, hitting, etc. They also didn't have a reputation for allowing the man to come home from drunk and beat his family. I know it happened, but it was not socially acceptable - as in many Irish & German Catholic families.

So, in earlier times - women and men found a sort of respectability in some religions, including the WTBTS. Not equality, but not beatings either.

Where is the growth of the WTBTS now? Third world countries. The plight of women, in general? Not very good. So, I would assume their type of teachings, respectability - not equality, will have found a good home for a couple of generations.

As for the view of jw women by jw men? It depends upon where a person lives. If in a major metropolitan city - particularily in northern usa, the equality will be much closer, at least locally.

In my area of South Carolina, sisters who move from the north whisper after a couple of months "Where IS this?" One dear old NY city black sister whispered to me "It's like going back to the 50's! I told the elders that ......... is not like the elders behave in NYC. They told me that I was no longer in NYC and I'd better learn to adjust."

Another English sister just shuddered a lot. She said we were the most unsocialable jw's she'd ever met. Sisters used to get together and laugh about it - because that's all we could do. Support each other and try to make a joke out of it.

I used to heatedly argue with my SC raised jw husband that Indiana was NEVER like this! I hated it for years - stiffling. He just shrugged, said it had always been like this down here. Btw, Indiana is not known as a mecca of free thinking.

If I bring it up with men in private - they always counter with "Well, I"M certainly not that way! I value my wife's opinion. I always ask her opinion before I make the decision." Of course, WTBTS style, the decision is always his.

This is not a good subject for me - signing off before I start glaring at my poor husband (who is a good one, btw.)

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit