Shunned by the WalMart people greeter!

by heart2heart 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nick
    Nick

Talk about over doing it: I was a little shocked because we haven't da'd ourselves or been df'd - not to mention IT'S HIS JOB TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE!

Maybe he should get a sock puppet from the toy department and let his hand to the talking!

Nick

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I'd like to see him talk his way out of this!! It's ridiculous how the nicest people (he was a very nice "brother") can be so malicious at the same time. Completely two-faced. That's all I have to say!

Actually, I don't see this as malicious... I see this "nice" elder brother as doing exactly what he is so well programmed to do, nothing more. Malicious would not have even entered his cluttered and clogged brain.

Kwin, goodonya for calling the manager and complaining. THAT is worth a serious complaint, religion or not. If this guy has a religious issues that didn't come out when he was put at the door as a greeter (probably never even once thought it would be a problem, again, cluttered clogged brain), then doubt that he as much to bitch about. However, Wallmart could/should change his possition to one he is more suited for ... 2nd shift janitor!

Please keep us posted!

Hugs and love to you both - you are an awesome teem!

Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I don't think there are enough of us here that he would know but that would be funny!

Yeah, but if you all walk in together, apparently as a group of friends of the Kwin's, what could he do?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I thought that the WTS said it was ok to deal with da'd or df'd people on a business level when it's required, just not in social settings.

As far as I recall, that is the rule. Of course, it probably includes a loophole about it being a "conscience matter", and then goes on to say that those with strong consciences are more spiritual. This is just another case of the dubs saying one thing in official literature, saying it's left up to one's conscience, then in practice pretty much everyone does the most restrictive choice for fear they'll be deemed not spiritual.

A few yrs after I left the dubs, I was hired to work for an elder and ministerial servant in their business. They asked me if it would be a problem not talking about my experience with the dubs or religion while at work. I said no, and I asked them not to discuss their views either. They said fine, you're hired. Later, they hired a guy who was DFd (and in no way, shape, or form inclined to try to get reinstated). I asked them about that, and they said it was a conscience matter. They said they are allowed to greet him and talk to him, as long as it's business. So I guess some people do follow the actual rules. Of course, once they hired the DFd guy, the rest of the dubs started gossipping about them.

• Scully
    Scully
    Not a bad idea!! Calling all local (Halifax) ex-JW's!! Bayer's Lake WalMart!! Be there!

lol

I don't think there are enough of us here that he would know but that would be funny!

Well identification wouldn't be a problem if you wore your lapel cards when you go to Wal-Mart after the EX JW Meetup!! Didn't the WTS teach you guys anything??

Love, Scully

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Next time it happens I'll call Nova Scotia human rights and file a complaint for being refused service due to religion. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Kwin

• Special K
    Special K

Well, ..next time I get into that Walmart in Bayers Lake I will look for this greeter guy.

I have been rudely greeted by a female greeter there, Heart2heart. I'd like to think she had pms but I think she was too old for that. Must have just been a bad day...which happens to us all.

I'll walk up and say to this "elder" greeter guy..

"Hi, I'm a disfellowshipped apostate holiday celebrating friend of Kwin and Heart2 hearts and I want to thank you for welcoming me to your Walmart" Then wait for his wonderful welcome and I'll make sure I need lots of help with kids, carts bags and such. LOL

Special K

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am astonished: I am not familiar with WalMart, other then it is a (rather cheep) chain stores. I never heart from the phenomenon "people greeter" but I like the idea - wish that something lika that existed here...

• beebee
    beebee

Country Woman it's a job typically held by some retiree who either failed to actually plan enough money to retire (perfect for the dub who believed they wouldn't get this old and need a retirement fund) and those who really need to get out of the house and away from the annoying, also-retired spouse!

The comment about the sock puppet brought a great visual to mind - Mr. Hand on Southpark. Of course Mr. Hand is gay! LOL! The whole scenario of the old, elder greeting people with a gay hand puppet.....

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Don't wanna burst your bubble here,but I'll tell you what he'll say to his supervisor.

"I'm sorry sir,but I did not purposely avoid them,I did greet them as I do everyone else.As a matter of fact,they are immature,rebellious young people and they are the ones who shunned me upon entering the store despite my efforts to greet them."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit