Shunned by the WalMart people greeter!

by heart2heart 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

oops double post

• heart2heart
    heart2heart
    An elder working at a Wal-Mart? Its my experience that the elders are the only ones with good jobs, seriously
    Another thing I find so funny about this, is, great job for an Elder still LMAO!! I'm sure he's raking in the cash for his retirement.

classicist and calamityjane: it is a really weird job for an elder to have, especially at his age - he has to be at or quickly approaching retirement age. Then again, it is difficult to get any decent job here... I work in a store that has mailboxes and I've seen another elder there (he works with his brother - window cleaning of course) - only saw him the one time though and he was out so quickly I'm not sure he even saw me. I'm waiting for him to come back so I can say hi and get his reaction. I wonder what has been going around the hall??

W people like that it's always nice to walk right up to them, like two feet away from them, give them a big smile and say hello brother

Satanus: when we were leaving, I really wanted to go up to him and say hi, introduce Kwin, just to see his reaction and make him squirm. I was too busy fumbling with the change and bags and my wallet though to make the effort. I think next time we go in and he's there I will definetly go right up to him. Now that he's going to get in trouble for his attitude, he likely won't ignore us again if he wants to keep his job!

H2H

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Isn't it amazing what rule-driven people will do? I was a rabid JW and even I wouldn't have allowed it to affect my job as a "greeter".

I'm sure he's an excellent "shepherd".

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

GOOD for you guys! I'm so glad you let the manager know of his RUDE behavior.

Shortly after I left and all the JWs knew I had become the enemy (grin) I ended up in the Walmart checkout line, facing a sister (cashier) that was very active. I didn't realize it until I was well into the line with several behind me and it didn't give me much time to decide what I would say or do.

Surprise---she was all smiles and asking about my grandson and hubby, and that she really missed me at the KH. Not an awkward or uncomfortable moment whatsoever!

I've been met with all kinds of responses when coming upon a JW in public, from scowls and looks of distaste, to just quick smiles, to short conversation. There was NO reason for that "greeter" to treat a customer that way and he should know better.

I hope he gets an earful, (or fired) and won't ever do this again.

Annie

• bebu
    bebu

I'm sure that the whole store will soon be buzzing about this, and learn a thing or two previously unknown about the JW religion.

And this could also very, very likely get passed up to higher levels, and a policy or just a Wal-Mart-type "special needs talk" of sorts be given.

I don't think that option 4 of Elsewhere's will be pursued, as kwin and H2H are not DF/DA... The elder's not even following his own religious rules, here. But if they were, and the elder did decide to protect his freedom of religion thru the court, the cover would be blown off the whole "we don't shun anyone/you can leave freely" story.

Kwin and H2H, you guys are GREAT for calling him on it.

bebu

(Jgnat, you are right about the amount of help available in W-M. When I go to Mervyns, there seems to be only 4 people working in the entire store. )

• heart2heart
    heart2heart

Elsewhere, I think #2 is the most likely - he is just going to be so flustered next time we come in the store - I mean, he'll know who it was that complained. Oh well! I'll make a point to be extra nice next time I see him just to bug him even more.

I thought that the WTS said it was ok to deal with da'd or df'd people on a business level when it's required, just not in social settings. The only reason for that probably, is because the WTS knows the R&F would get fired so fast if they dared to treat their customers that way - makes the company look bad, and no one wants an employee like that. Plus the Witness' "human rights advocates" scheme would get blown to bits if Witness employees were shunning every da'd or df'd person that they came across at work. The WTS knows exactly what they need to do to save face, to make the right impression on the public while keeping their real motives and actions secret.

H2H

• Poztate
    Poztate
    An elder working at a Wal-Mart? Its my experience that the elders are the only ones with good jobs, seriously.

That is a good job for an elder!!! It is just like at the KH were they all mill around at the back and pretend that they are glad to see you.

Good for you H H that you took this issue up with Walmart management. He will probably try to claim some sort of religious exemption for his actions. If he continues"to stand firm for the truth"? I hope they fire his sorry ASS.

The only downside to that is at the next CA they will have a one hour part featuring "brother persecuted" He will be made to look like a hero for standing up to Satan (walmart) and standing firm in this time of the end. We all know jehovah will provide another and even better job because of his actions.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm so glad he called to complain. Please let us know what happens next!

• Dustin
    Dustin

What a dumbass. I hope he gets fired for being that stupid. It just shows how that religion turns people into complete jerks.

Dustin

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

In reality the guy wouldn't even be working at Wal-Mart if he hadn't had it beat into his brain that he wasn't going to die in this system of things up intil 1995. He probably would have had a nice little nest egg by now.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit