Shunned by the WalMart people greeter!

by heart2heart 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• heart2heart
    heart2heart
    I'm sure he's an excellent "shepherd".

AlmostAtheist: HA! This brother was always trying to be nice, asked if he and his wife could come over to visit (this was months ago, when I was still attending) - they took the kids and I out in service and payed for coffee break.... he was always saying that he would come over to check on us (aka sheperding call) but never did make the effort. I wonder if there is some sort of inter-congregational news link - their son & daughter in law attend at Kwin's parents' hall.... maybe they heard something about us and birthdays, Christmas, etc. Or maybe it was just our letter to the elder body about the UN scandall. Like most elders though, I'm sure he picks and chooses who he's going to "help", who is worthy enough to be "saved" - we were told for the past 2 years that someone would come over to see us and no one has. Only one visit in the past 2 years. They are just so full of crap

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

OR you could have contacted all the ex-jws in the area had them walk by one by one in one afternoon and then filed a

CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT FOR RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE

• Purza
    Purza
    I thought that the WTS said it was ok to deal with da'd or df'd people on a business level when it's required, just not in social settings.

This was always my understanding. I think some JWs just take things to the extreme. You probably caught the guy off guard, but no matter if it is his job to be a greeter, he cannot pick and chose whom he greets. I am glad you called the store to complain. Its just not right.

Purza

• heart2heart
    heart2heart
    OR you could have contacted all the ex-jws in the area had them walk by one by one in one afternoon

Not a bad idea!! Calling all local (Halifax) ex-JW's!! Bayer's Lake WalMart!! Be there!

lol

I don't think there are enough of us here that he would know but that would be funny!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I thought that the WTS said it was ok to deal with da'd or df'd people on a business level when it's required, just not in social settings.

You are right! I forgot about that!

Interesting how a JW is willing to suspend the laws of the ?almighty? in order to obtain the almighty dollar.

• Preston
    Preston

Uggghhh....

Well, the company is right (in this aspect, however I'm not to crazy about Wal Mart), people should leave their religion at home rather than bringing it to work. Its insidious how the WT enforces their laws into every vestige of people's lives whether you're at home, at work, on the toilet, etc..... It's a shame that people have to grudingly be A--holes per the society's instruction, they really put the flock in a serious bind by implementing a lot of unreasonable BS. It continues to amaze me whenever I read about what they mention in the Watchtower (i.e. : "Reports from the three person congregation of Baruck, Khazakstan have giving rise to alarming instances of how people like to take long walks in a forest instead of using that time for field service") They have no problem hoisting out the X-tra large microscope to monitor everyone's steps...

- Preston

• avishai
    avishai
    Needless to say, Kwin called the store to speak directly to the manager and told her exactly what happened, and made sure to mention that he is a Witness and that they have a habit of shunning people who no longer go to their church. She said that whatever happens outside the workplace should stay outside the workplace, and that it was unacceptable, as soon as he gets back from lunch she is going to call him in to talk about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Can you imagine it??

A Wal-Mart greeter, has the power to destroy family units in his congregation. This man, is responsible for many people in the hall, yet, his job is a greeter. He can df someone, and everything else that elders have the power to do.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good job. I was going to suggest you call the Manager. They have to be nice to customers.

My niece is disassociated, and her daughter is a dental assistant for the dentist she goes to. The daughter has nothing whatsoever to do with her mother everyday, everywhere, except at the workplace, where she hugs her and is excited to see her and brings her up to date on everything. I think it shows where her heart really is.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I am glad you called the manager and let them know what this idiot did.

When I was a young girl maybe 5 or 6 my mom and I were shopping at the grocery store and I saw a lady I recognized as a sisterat our cong, so I told my mom pointed her out and she came towards us and I said hi to her, my mom scowled at her and jerked me away in the other direction and told me I could not talk to her because she had been df'd, I was little and really didn't understand,my parents had just become JW's about a year earlier. Now I think back and wonder how this poor lady must have felt.

Dragonlady76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit