Shunned by the WalMart people greeter!

by heart2heart 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

No offense heart2heart, but why do you really care? I mean even if he had said hello you'd know damn well that it's just an insincere gesture meant to make you spend more money at their crummy store. I wish those crusty old bastards would shun me a little more often, or at least stop taking away my knapsack.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

1. He grudgingly says hello and violates 2 John 10-11 according to the WTS's teachings. In this case you will have to smile and say "2 John 10 and 11" every time he greets you.
      LMAO! Somewhere!

Will this guy get 'public reproof' from the store manager then. Or perhaps a full fledged 'marking'. I doubt he will be disfellowshipped from Walmart!

Jeff

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Next time it happens I'll call Nova Scotia human rights and file a complaint for being refused service due to religion.

Good Plan....At the very least it would make a good headline in the local newspaper (esp if they were informed by you)

It would make them look like a bunch of idiots and control freaks in the eyes of the community. What better X witness could there be.

I am astonished: I am not familiar with WalMart, other then it is a (rather cheep) chain stores. I never heart from the phenomenon "people greeter" but I like the idea - wish that something lika that existed here...
    People Greeter is such a nice word.I am sure if I used the word door security or theft prevention watchman you would see the real purpose behind it. That is why chain stores such as Walmart would never use such words.
  • Robdar
    Robdar

What a creep.

*High fives* for calling his manager.

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I am sure if I used the word door security or theft prevention watchman you would see the real purpose behind it. That is why chain stores such as Walmart would never use such words.

Those old farts are actually security?

Robyn

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well because of Dustin I will no longer shop at Walmart.

Brooke

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The funny thing is, part of him will realize that this is a bad witness. I used to know it when something very JW-y was a bad witness. It's an accumulation of those odd moments that can one day help a person right out of the org.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I wonder if he'll tell the truth or lie when confronted by the manager? If he isn't a problem employee, surley they will just warn him. I wouldn't waste any time filing a complaint againt him or if he isn't really cheery next time u go in.

Good for u guys.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We do not have Walmart in the UK, but they did buy out the Asda Supermarket chain. I have noticed that nowadays they people at the door to act as greeters.

Now you are not d/fd right? so you are inactive.. I believe this elder should study his own literature and "Adjust his thinking"**

* km 11/87 p. 1 Helping Inactive Ones ***

1One of Jesus? parables is about a shepherd?s leaving 99 sheep to go in search of one that was lost. Do you recall his statement as to what would result from finding the one that was lost? "And if he happens to find it, I certainly tell you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that have not strayed." (Matt. 18:13) Such joyfulness has been experienced by many congregations when inactive ones have returned to the flock of God.2In the past few years, additional attention has been given to assisting those who have become inactive. Overseers have the responsibility to pay attention to all the flock. (Acts 20:28) For this reason, they have taken the initiative to visit inactive ones.
  • Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985
    I can see four possible outcomes from this...

5. He will run back and tell the whole elder body that he is being persecuted on his job. They will form a "JW's That are Forced to Speak to DF'd or DA's Ones on the Job Liason". And mark it up to he's still the good guy that will make it to Paradise because of his persecution if he gets fired for not speaking to you if he sees you again....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit