How is JWD doing ?

by Simon 71 Replies latest forum announcements

• wednesday
    wednesday

Just recently I have noticed a huge amount of newbies. JWS who are surfing the net, looking for info need a safe place to hang around. i remember in the fall of 2002 when i found this place. I would have never wanted to post on the other sites at that time. (if someone had said shite, I'd have fainted) Things have changed now, I find the other sites fun and nteresting, but I love to watch the new people come in and ask the SAME questions I was asking in 02. What a kick to watch them read and grow. This site serves a purpose and I'm glad it is here.

weds

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

yeah, the "no moderators" douchebags have been giving JWD eulogies for a few years now, lol

• Valis
    Valis
    yeah, the "no moderators" douchebags have been giving JWD eulogies for a few years now, lol

*LOL*

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Is the number of posts per day on the graph adjusted for LOL! and Congratulations you're a Jedi! posts?

Yes but not for apparently I'm a killer posts ...

• Heatmiser
  • IronGland
    IronGland
    Yes but not for apparently I'm a killer posts ...

I had little to do with that. I only started the thread and commented once or twice. You ignore the rest of my work here that has done so much for people.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm teasing ya IG. It's all good.

Considering I had as much to do with that thread as anyone (like Xena for example), I think it turned into a mindless, stupid and fun thread.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

The site is awsome, and has become an addiction in less than a month.

I know I've said it before, but if this site had been around in 93, my family and I would have been spared a great deal of grief.

Thank you Simon, and everyone else who helps keep this site running.

Jeannie

• onacruse
    onacruse

wednesday:

Just recently I have noticed a huge amount of newbies. JWS who are surfing the net, looking for info need a safe place to hang around. i remember in the fall of 2002 when i found this place. I would have never wanted to post on the other sites at that time. (if someone had said shite, I'd have fainted) Things have changed now...but I love to watch the new people come in and ask the SAME questions I was asking in 02. What a kick to watch them read and grow. This site serves a purpose and I'm glad it is here.

I agree with every word and sentiment you just expressed (except for one thing, where I inserted the ellipsis).

Perhaps a measure of how JWD is doing is something that's virtually impossible to measure: the way it's helped people take control of their lives to the point that they no longer need to hash out these issues. There've been a lot of us who've, perhaps in a fit of anger or passion, said "Enough! I'm outta here, already, and to hell with the rest of ya!!!"

Some come back with a desire to help others; some come back because they weren't really ready to leave...and a great many have just plain and simple "moved through the gate to the other side."

And that's, imho, the most (in my bestest imitation of Mr. Spock ) fascinating thing about JWD...those who have left this particular mode of human interaction will never know how much they're missed, simply because they've moved on to other things, and db's no longer hold any significant value to them.

Kudos to those who have gone before, and those who are gettin' a goin'.

imnvho: JWD is doing just fine, fine indeed...and will far outlast the supposed 5-year rule.

Simon, I add to other posters my own sincere respects to you and Ang in keeping up this db.

Dang Brits, anyway! LOL

Craigster

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I am more of a reader than a poster but I do try to speak up from time to time just to let people know that I'm still around. It is just nice to have a place like this to vent, rant, learn, socialize...whatever.

Thanks Simon.

RGW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit