Could some-one please explain American football to me!

by Zep 62 Replies latest social physical

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Anyone notice how Americans most popular sports are only played in America while football, rugby and cricket are played internationally? Come on America you can play too, we won't laugh.

Valis: cricket..one of the most boring games on the planet to watch..

But the only one that stops for afternoon tea.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ozzie:I bet the American's don't allow Hooker's on their playing fields, eh?!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I bet the American's don't allow Hooker's on their playing fields, eh?!!

Of course they do. They call them cheerleaders.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

But they don't have a scrum half!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    yeah, you get to do things in the scrums!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Paul McCartney was asked at a Super Bowl press conference about the game itself. He said initially he didn't understand it but someone told him to watch the guy in the middle. Once he started watching the guy in the middle, he understood the game and came to like it...or so he says...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    He said initially he didn't understand it but someone told him to watch the guy in the middle. Once he started watching the guy in the middle, he understood the game and came to like it...or so he says...

The guy in the middle is the one who throws the ball to the guy at the end, right?

• Xena
    Xena
    Of course they do. They call them cheerleaders.

Don't be a hater Not our fault other coutries haven't realized that if you throw young attractive scantily clad women into the sports mix men won't care what they are watching.

I never have gotten football. The only sport I find remotely interesting to watch is basketball...I like a sport that is fast and furious!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Speaking of boring sports:

my pen pal's father watching snooker tournaments all day on British television!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    my pen pal's father watching snooker tournaments all day on British television!

For those who don't know what snooker is, it's like pool except based on skill instead of luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit