Was the USA right to drop the Bomb on Japan to end WW2?

by stillajwexelder 131 Replies latest members politics

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

What about the Chinese and Allied prisoners at Unit 731 that the Japanese killed? What about the germ warfare the Japanese instigated?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

*Warning: graphic descriptions

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mega,

So do you feel then, that because Japanese soldiers rape and killed women in China that the US was justified in dropping two atomic bombs on innocent civilians?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    So do you feel then, that because Japanese soldiers rape and killed women in China that the US was justified in dropping two atomic bombs on innocent civilians?

That is a loaded question. If Japan had the A-Bomb they probably would have used it on L.A. or another large population. The Japanese people wasn't a bunch of innocent people looking for peace. If they was a peaceful group of innocent people, Japan would never have participated in World War Two.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jay,

The Japanese people are manipulated by thier government just like everyone else. Which should make everyone think before they agree with government, to be sure they aren't being manipulated by it.

The Japanese thought there emperor was a god, they all obeyed him as one, the civilian population still doesn't deserved to be Atomic bombed for that, or for what bad things there did.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Well, if they'd of never bombed Pearl Harbor, the war would of never started. My husband says stuff like: If the deer didn't stop to *crap* in the woods the bear wouldn't of ate him. Did that make any sense?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    The Japanese thought there emperor was a god, they all obeyed him as one,

Thank you for making my point for me. The Japanese people followed their God into battle. There is no reason to believe anybody other than young children was innocent. But as noted and stated many times, "War is Hell." WWII is a sad period of our existance, I am not proud it is part of the human history. That is why in the case of the Asian front it was quickly ended by the A-Bomb.

Now we must worry about it ever being used again.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I think that if the Japanese had had the A bomb they probably would of nuked Pearl Harbor instead of using regular bombs. They were beating the hell out of us because we hadn't seen it coming. We could be speaking Japanese, bowing, using chop sticks, and eating rice instead learning how to speak Spanish. Beans and rice ain't so bad.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Japanese seems hard to learn, I'd rather speak Spanish anyway.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The Japanese civilians weren't innocent in my opinion as elucidated in the previous posts, but arguing about atomic bombs in rather moot. The fire bombing on Japanese cities killed far more people than the atomic bombs. (For an indepth look at this, see the documentary "Fog of War. I think you'll enjoy it as it discusses this very topic.)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The unspoken, little known fact of history is that whatever Truman's reason(s) for dropping the bomb(s), it was not simply to "end WW2". The Japanese were defeated, knew it, and had already made clear moves towards surrender.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit