a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Joy you are dithhhhhpicable!

• avishai
    avishai

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world?s end.?1 John 2:17.

• shadow
    shadow

This 'debate' looks like 100 to 1. I have tried to have a discussion with a few of the posters here in the past and it is virtually impossible to do so. How do you expect one person to converse simultaneously with so many?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yeah! High fives seven

Your always awesome with your words Dave. Very well said.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

AFIN, hon. Methinks you have backed yourself into a corner from which you are using your slings and arrows to protect yourself.

When I was a witness, I was taught to use the bible when the person I was witnessing to would not consider any of the literature. I certainly wasn't about to send them to an Elder. It was then that JW's felt the bible - NWT - could stand on it's own, and it was a thing of (seven deadly sins) pride to be able to use solely the bible and not refer or even defend the other literature. Can you do the same?

So, what's happened to that theocratic educational institute since 1978? Does no one study and use the bible anymore as the basis for JW doctrine? Does the Theocratic Ministry School no longer teach from the bible?

You asked about "what if we're right/wrong"? I was asked the same question by my dad - a PO Elder. I will tell you the same thing I told him: I will stand tall before Jehovah and Jesus and submit to judgement for all of my actions, right or wrong. I am not afraid to do so, nor afraid of the consequences.

Can you say the same thing?

Blessings

Brenda

• avishai
    avishai

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

falsehood we have concealed ourselves." (Isaiah 28:15) Like ancient Jerusalem, Christendom looks to worldly alliances for security, and her clergy refuse to take refuge in Jehovah. Why, they do not even use his

in her quest for peace and security, she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations?this despite the Bible's warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God. (James 4:4) Moreover

11 A recent book gives an idea when it states: "No less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the world's religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths."

Watchtower 1991 June 1 pp.15-20 Their Refuge?A Lie! ***

[complete article]

Their Refuge?A Lie

This is from your own pubIication you don't read it, and the link above, you are a hypocrite, afin, and i spit you out

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    Joy you are dithhhhhpicable!

hehehehehe......I ruvvvv it!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I find this thread typical given it's subject matter. It has the same circular logic as a discussion about Superman Vs Mighty Mouse and quoting evidence from the original comic book and a rewritten version of the directors cut of the animated cartoon show.

Amen - Seven

BTW - what's so wrong with Mighty Mouse?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*Bestows upon Dave the "Golden Arm of the Sixo'Nine Pearl b4 Swine" award. Nice toss!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

*wonders what old soul is thinking right now*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit