I can't get to grips with being shunned

by chuckyy 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Hi

My wife and I have been disassociated for about 2 months now. Every day in our small town we are being shunned by former friends. One in particular annoyed me today. It was an elder who's wife left him a few years ago. He was devastated and I was there for him for months afterward, sacrificing my time to help him when he was low, always there when he needed to get his feelings out. Today, as I passed him he glanced at me with a disdainful look as if I were skum. I am so angry.....what is it with these people???....it is so opposite to true christianity.

How do you deal with shunning and the feelings of anger???

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    it is so opposite to true christianity.

you said it chuckyy

• upside/down
    upside/down

These people continue to use our decency against us... even when we quietly leave.

They make a public spectacle of giving us disapproving looks or nose in the air or a deliberate shun.

Why the hell don't we speak up and say something right then and there?

Like: Nice to see you too asshole!

Thanks for shunning me for no reason Mr. Christian!

I can feel the love, can YOU! etc. etc.

Would love to hear more comments!

u/d (of the man this pisses me off class)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

He was devastated and I was there for him for months afterward, sacrificing my time to help him when he was low, always there when he needed to get his feelings out.

Well do not have any regrets : his loss (Still what a Jerk !)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    he glanced at me with a disdainful look as if I were skum.

Remember when people would slam the door in your face? The line we were always told was, "They are rejecting the message, not the messenger." Your former friend is turning his back on "an apostate", not on you personally. Think of it, if you went through the motions of getting reinstated, wouldn't your friend warmly welcome you back? It's got nothing to do with you, it's all about your "status".

He's a robot, like a mousetrap. The mousetrap doesn't have anything against mice, it's just following it's programming. If you stick a fake mouse in it, it'll still go off. If your friend saw the ciruit overseer and mistakenly thought he was a DF'd person, he'd shun him, having absolutely no clue who he really was.

Try not to be concerned with the opinion of a 1/1000th of the earth's population. The remaining 999/1000ths of the earth will judge you for who YOU are, not who your god is. Go make new friends that fall into that 99.9% group.

Take care,

Dave

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

u/d: How about, Christ didn't even shun Judas Iscariot!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    Why the hell don't we speak up and say something right then and there?

I would - but think about it - these people have NO ONE - the only people that care about them are those who will shun them if they don't feel a common fear - how scary is that?

• kls
    kls

You really have no choice but the learn to ignore their stupidness and live your life or it will eat you up inside.Don't let those idiots ruin what you have and how far you have come . Remember these are the same people that will forgive a child molester and shun their own family. Be strong and remember you beat the mind-control of the org.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    kls : Remember these are the same people that will forgive a child molester and shun their own family. Be strong and remember you beat the mind-control of the org.

Well said ! Now that talks a lot ... So !

• upside/down
    upside/down

I hear ya-

I was in line at Wally World (Wal-Mart) with my kids- the place was booming packed!

My kids notice that the couple in front of us are an elder and his wife from our hall. The elder I asked to pray for me as I was feeling weak. The elder who prsided over a bogus JC regarding me (it was thrown out). He makes eye contact with me and immediately looks away and deliberately pretends me and my kids are invisible. My kids say why is he ignoring us (it's painfully ackward and obious)! we're standing TIGHT THERE NEXT TO HIM. The cashier even had a funny lkook on her face, like what's going on? I was so pissed- I've done nothing NOTHING, this f*cker makes a PUBLIC display of his disdain for me and my kids- some "shepherd"! How do you explain this to your pre=teen and teen age kids? Talk about REPROACH- they make me hate the "God" and "Org." that they claim to represent!!!

I wish I would have said something for all to hear. This behaviour is deplorable. Do they think this will make me ever want to go back to that pile of vomit? Are they nuts? If that's not J's "direction" I don't know what is! Jehovah is obviously telling me to stay the hell away from these inbred morons (apologies to all inbreds who aren't morons). I don't judge them THEY JUDGE THEMSELVES as @$$holes!

u/d You Suck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit