Declining Meeting Attendance-CO visit

by TheListener 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heatherg
    heatherg

hey... 16 years of the same 212 songs... eventually they get stuck in your head! That's not funny! Every once in a while, I catch myself humming a Kingdom Melody. And at first I can't figure out what it is, and then OMG, I realize what I'm humming. They sure do a good job of brainwashing.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Great picture!!!

Very appropriate that the borg is fulfilling prophecies in Revelation.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Look at the 1969 international assembly program, and look at the starting and ending times for all 8 freekin' days.

Yea I was there too. What a waste.

Sherry

• Carmel
    Carmel

1953 Yankee Stadium, I thought it was over a week long! Lived in a tent in a field for ever it seemed!

carmel

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

This is following the comment by "doinmypart' that the "WT Hierarchy is so consumed with numbers."

The reality is that the WTS is totally obsessed with numerical increase - and cares nothing for the welfare of people.

Apparently, this is a legacy of Nathan Knorr - who took to running the "Organisation" like it was a business:

e.g. God (I'm sorry,Jehovah!) help you if you did not place your twelve magazines per month ,

-Or "Get" your ten hours in per month,

- or have the effrontery to actually MISS a meeting!

Poetic justice that this obsession with numbers is backfiring on them - and instead, is causing the numbers to fall.(Plus the fact that they talk a lot of pure s*#t to does not help matters too much!)

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was at New York assembly in 1958. I was 14 and remember it well. 8 long days. It was hell with hot meals.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Observador:

In your photo I see a pianaoto the left of the stage! Wow, does someone actually get to PLAY it? I have never seen an instrument in any KH, only the canned music. I have read here that long ago there was "live" music", but I thought they FDS put the kibash on that. I'm amazed.

WW

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Maybe things were a little different in some foreign language assemblies. But I clearly remember 4 day assemblies (of about 8.5 - 9 hours each), that were cut to thursday afternoons plus 3 days, then just the 3 days.

In the congregation, I'm currently on file with, the huge problem is book study attendance. It was 52% for the congregation with the particular group I was assigned to being about 40%. The TMS is about 65%, and the sunday meeting is about 70-75%

• observador
    observador

"In your photo I see a piano on the left of the stage! Wow, does someone actually get to PLAY it?"

• POs Son
    POs Son

I actually remember some live paino music at my grandparents hall in the early 80's. We used tapes at our hall then... so it was neat. I think there were 1 or 2 others congs that did it,... I remember visiting others when my PO Father traveled for sunday talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit