Declining Meeting Attendance-CO visit

by TheListener 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Does anynoe here remember the 4 day - 12 hour assemblies.

And kids today think they've got it tough!

Steve.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Does anynoe here remember the 4 day - 12 hour assemblies.

My mom told me about them! I'm glad I did not have to go to any!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I have heard of Western Hemisphere disease also =CO and DO says declining meeting attendance is systemic in the western world

• startingover
    startingover

4 days, are you kidding?

Look what I had to live through. Take a look at this site:

http://www.geocities.com/jrista/master.htm

Look at the 1969 international assembly program, and look at the starting and ending times for all 8 freekin' days.

• Preston
    Preston

starting over, I went on that site

http://www.geocities.com/jrista/19691.htm

... and all I can say is.... HOLY F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Preston

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I remember 4 day conventions - but not 12 hour ones

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

As to shortening the meetings and assemblies they do it every few years assemblies get shorter now they have one day special assemblies and three day assemblies... meetings get shorter... maybe one day they will just have one 30 min meeting a month!

• carefully faded
    carefully faded
    Look at the 1969 international assembly program, and look at the starting and ending times for all 8 freekin' days.

OMG - I attended every one of those assemblies except for the last one in 2001 (my first year of freedom). Granted, I was a baby at the first one, but still!

- CF

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I remember the four-day ones, and the 12-hr ones too. We'd get out about 9 PM as I recall, and fight through all the traffic and it was really late by the time you and the kiddies (in my case) would all be fed and have showers. It was exhausting, and the kids were miserable having to sit through those loooong hours.

It wasn't my happiest event going down memory lane!

Annie

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah I remember in the seventies we had 5 or 6 days from 9am to 8 or 9 pm i forget exactly. It would be hot in the sun and you couldn't even understand what the speakers were saying because of reverberation of the sound.

What a F*CKING waste of time!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit