Declining Meeting Attendance-CO visit

by TheListener 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Meeting attendance numbers are suspect anyway. The attendants are told to count everyone even if they're not a publisher. So kids, studies, DF'd, sleeping babies, and the 4 people on the phone tie-in-at-home-sick-watching-the-game all get counted.

The WT hierarchy is so consumed with numbers. They've got to know the meeting attendance & field service numbers are bogus, but then too they have to keep up appearances.

dmp

• Preston
    Preston
    We have attendance in the 70% range for some of our meetings. We're being told to get it up to 100%. But, 100% still isn't good enough

HA! HA! (Chuckle! Chortle! SNORT!)

ahem....

Maybe if the society actually gave something back that wasn't in the form of...oh, let's see...a book, a required oath, a special meeting day....then....maybe, just then....they would actually be more receptive to seeing how the organization is actually taking care of them. Even the Mormons have their own university for cryin' out loud! It's even accredited! I'm sure if the tables were turned and the upper echelons of the JW faith couldn't utilize the luxury of buying up prime real estate, or traveling the globe, or having people do their bidding at their beck and whim thenthey'd complain about the meeting attendance as well...

Sorry Simon for the expletive...but the GB are nothingmore than a bunch of stoopid old doo-doo heads...

- Preston

• blondie
    blondie

People get counted if they come in at the last minute of the meeting too or leave after the 1st minute of the meeting.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Last CO visit I remember is that the 'new' guy wanted to put some 'charge' in the congregation. He actually stood in the back of the hall on his very first night and started to yell : "HELLO, I AM NEW HERE, IS THIS JEHOVAHS ORGANIZATION? THEN WHERE IS THE WELCOME DUE TO ME?"

From there on it all went down hill rapidly. He had a 'special needs' talk about hospitality and dig deep into your pockets to show some appreciation for jehovers arrangement in sending this very special blessed circuit overseer your congregation.

Barf !

Puternut

• Puternut
    Puternut

Oh...... and don't you know not to complain about me, making a mess out of your meeting schedule, and you better have talked to your boss to let you get to these meetings.

Puternut

• observador
    observador

No, no, no!!!
    We don't have an attendance problem in our meetings... Look:

As you can see, the Hall is full... of empty chairs.

Observador.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Looks like a typical memorial to me?

Puternut

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

That's a great picture, observador. It indeed tells a thousand words.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Hey Puternut,

Sounds like a CO we had here a few years ago.Yhought he was all that and a bag o' chips.Some elders would actually take their holidays when he came to make sure they were at all the meetings.He asked me if I could take my 4-12 shift off so I could go listen to his talk....NO! After a while he said "I know some people are staying home because I'm here".Hahaha...I was one of them.

As far as attendance,it is down drastically in this area,at least 30% at the circuit assemblies and seems to be declining steadily.

• POs Son
    POs Son

Looking at the photo above, I noticed that lovely plant stand on the left of the stage platform. The one with the ivory plastic keys on it. Presumably, some one could depress those keys and produce melodies for praising God Jehover. I remember when I used to go (read as: I remember when I was under 16 and didn't have a car.), our cong. was admonished to sing with "Vigor and VIm"... and lo and behold, they actually amplified! It got to be rather good. More than a decade later, I went for a family funeral service memorial meeting (complete with songs!). The congregation crooned so poorly, I nearly turned around to see if anyone was asleep. My wife made fun of me for humming along.... hey... 16 years of the same 212 songs... eventually they get stuck in your head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit