Pink Floyd Thread

by stillajwexelder 61 Replies latest social entertainment

• prophecor
    prophecor

Robyn, how great that would've been to dismantle the Pink Floyd name, because Waters is the soul of the group, and though Gilmour continues to keep the ship afloat, much on his own accord, the essence that was Pink Floyd is no longer there, and cannot truly be captured on his own merit.

Roger, however, is in no need of holding onto the name, his work is still able to maintain that Floyidian essence and even superceeds it in many areas, showing a continuing in the spirit.

Bridgeing as he has with the like of Clapton and others, he is able to maintain and when necessary, take the Floyd aspect to an entirely different level, yet still remain true to the game.

art

• avishai
  • prophecor
    prophecor

And that's truly Floyidian

alt

• prophecor
    prophecor

Oh, Shit!!!

I just Shot my 666th.

Here's 667 I Better Quit While Im Ahead!!!

• littlemike
    littlemike

Hey this is unbeleivable i started the Pink floyd thing the other day when somebody said about thinking Armageddon was coming and it was a knebworth concert.

Then somebody said it was a post waters Floyd

I am an absolute Floyd Fan. Waters is/was Floyd. If you look at momentary lapse it took 14 people to write it

I saw the original Wall concerts twice in 1980 and 1981 at Earls Court. Didnt tell many Witnesses!

Saw Roger do Radio Kaos tour in 1988, and saw Roger do solo tour twice in 2002. He was ace.

Still an ex-jw elder what a good thread

• littlemike
    littlemike

Still ex jw elder im from Hull. Going to manchester in June to see U2

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LIITTLE MIKE YOU HAVE PM

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Roger Waters

1967-1974

I wonder if THIS is the album that I've been hunting for all these years? I audio-taped a performance on PBS back in 73/74. There was one song they sang that was strictly musical and I always thought it sounded SO cool. All I could think of was something ethereal and floating when I'd play it. Very relaxing.

I played that poor little cassette until I wore the spots on it (smile) and I have never been able to find what performance this was from. I borrowed what I thought was every PF tape made, from a neighbor back a few years ago, and played them all---but never found the song(s) I was looking for.

I went to several PF sites and no luck there either. I'd given up finding this, I figurd that what I had seen had never "made it" to an album and was only seen on that live performance on tv.

This would be the time period that I was looking for, and now I have hopes that THIS may be IT!

Would it possible for you to list the song titles on it for me? I might remember something that would jog my memory so I'd know if it's worth trying to order or not. I'm feeling very hopeful....

hugs,

Annie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There was one song they sang that was strictly musical and I always thought it sounded SO cool. All I could think of was something ethereal and floating when I'd play it. Very relaxing.

YOU ARE PROBABLY THINKING OF THE 2ND SIDE OF MEDDLE RELEASED IN 1970

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'm pretty sure that was one of the tapes that I had borrowed---and it wasn't the song I had spoken about. From what I remember, this one started out kinda soft and quiet and then built in intensity but with a very unique melody all through it. It was very captivating!

hugs and thanks for your reply,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit