Pink Floyd Thread

by stillajwexelder 61 Replies latest social entertainment

• euripides
    euripides

And you must check out both La Vallee, now on DVD (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007M5H8/imdb-adbox/002-6767709-8696032) which this is the soundtrack to, and Zabrieski Point, which isn't on DVD yet (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6301977874/imdb-adbox/002-6767709-8696032). Of course, I love every single album, including all the solo stuff, but I'm a completist.

Euripides

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Roger Waters

1967-1974

• FMZ
    FMZ

Oh hellyeah, I'm all about the Floyd.

Dark Side of the Moon, one of the best albums ever put out.

Comfortably Numb and Silent Lucidity are sheer genius.

FMZ

• prophecor
    prophecor

Isn't this where we came in?

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

euripides....i thought that zabrieski point was already out on dvd...could've sworn i bought it a few years back, but maybe i'm thinking of the soundtrack.....i actually like the movie, as well as the music...la vallee, though, i could do without....haha

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn
    Comfortably Numb and Silent Lucidity are sheer genius.

hee hee...i believe silent lucidity is by queensryche....

• prophecor
    prophecor

Was always the one to listen to Floyd as a means of extracting a lot of painful, emotional energy. Listening to Pink Floyd, for me was like looking into virtually every painful window available to one when they are growing up, or growing out of the shells we sometimes exist in. Like the pains of removing a living creature, being forcibly extracted from their natural envioronment.

Mother was a song that would often cut me to the core. It expressed in almost every way, my relationship with mine. Over protective, bordering on fanatacism. She really did check out all my girlfriends for me. None of them were ever deemed good enough it seemed.

Ooooooohhh Babe gave to me a reflection of the things that were to come into my life regarding relationships. It prepared me, to some degree for the hours that would be spent, wishing to be left alone, the dark days when feelings for the one that you love become cold, you become non responsive, you wish to be able to just move to another planet as opposed to living with someone you feel so allienated with. Such as is life. Such as is love.

Much of what was reflected in the albums, just felt to the nth degree, reality. I lived in them, and they lived in me. They were part of what brought me to where I am today. They were just that personal.

Though the pain they induced in me at that time is no longer a reflection of what my life is today, every once and a while, I'll spin one of my favorite Floyd albums, as a witness to the memory of the hurt that I no longer hold on to.

They still serve me well.

And so much of the pain is just a fading memory.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hmmm... really? rofl... My wife has it in her Pink Floyd folder, did they ever do a version?

FMZ

• euripides
    euripides
    My wife has it in her Pink Floyd folder, did they ever do a version?

Perish the thought! Mentioning Queensryche alongside Pink Floyd is tantamount to

blasphemy.

Zabrieski Point has not been released on DVD to my knowledge, but I welcome being proven incorrect. It was released on CD as a soundtrack however. Harleyquinn, if you've got it on DVD, let me know!

What's wrong with La Vallee? Flaky hippies in Borneo not hip enough?

Euripides

• prophecor
    prophecor

I know that I'm mad

I've always been mad

Like the most of us are

That's why you have to explain why you are mad

Even if your not mad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit