Pink Floyd Thread

by stillajwexelder 61 Replies latest social entertainment

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

euripides...i have checked my 'sources' and found i was wrong...i was thinking of the soundtrack and not the dvd..sorry about that....

fmz....you are forgiven, but wifey is not....'life in a northern town' by dream academy would be closer to the pink floyd folder than queensryche!

• FMZ
    FMZ

I am literally taken aback! lol... Well, time for me to check out more Queensryche... the song is still genius!

FMZ

• prophecor
    prophecor

Is There Anybody Out There ?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

wish you were here is the best

closely followed by The Wall.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ticking awy, the moments that make up a dull day ----=

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

you fucked up old hag, hah ha charade you are --- - what song and what album?

• euripides
    euripides
    you fucked up old hag, hah ha charade you are --- - what song and what album?

Dogs, from Animals. Or was it Pigs, or Sheep?

Euripides

• prophecor
    prophecor

Waitress: Hello...you wanna cup of coffee?
    Trucker: Hey...Turn the fucking Juke Box down!
    Waitress: I'm sorry, would you like a cup of coffee?
    OK you take cream and sugar?
    In truck stops and hamburger joints
    In Cadillac limousines
    In the company of has-beens
    In bent-backs in sleeping forms
    On pavement steps
    In libraries and railway stations
    In books and banks
    In the pages of history
    In suicidal cavalry attacks I recognise... myself in every stranger's eyes And in wheelchairs by monuments
    Under tube trains in commuter accidents
    In council care and county courts
    At Easter fairs in sea-side resorts
    In drawing rooms and city morgues
    In award winning photographs
    of life rafts in the China seas
    In transit camps, under arc lamps
    On loading ramps
    In faces blurred by rubber stamps
    I recognise... myself in every stranger's eyes And now from where I stand
    upon this hill I plundered from the pool
    I look around, I search the skies
    I shade my eyes, so nearly blind
    and I see signs of half remembered days
    I hear bells that chime in strange familiar ways
    I recognise...
    the hope you kindle in your eyes
    It's oh so easy now
    as we lie here in the dark
    Nothing interferes it's obvious
    how to beat the tears
    that threaten to snuff out
    the spark of our love
    There exist in words as well as colour and flavour of music that Waters has chosen for this particular cut off his album " The Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking ", a sense of some sort of healing he may've been able to do at the end of the road. His begining a new life as well as leaving the old one, Pink Floyd no more. Any Floyidians who've not happened upon this album would have quite a surprise, as the true colour of Pink is revisited in this solo venture.

• Robdar
    Robdar

There were rumors floating around in radio land last year that Gilmore and Waters were talking about a reunion. Is it true? I don't know. We can only hope.

I got to see Pink Floyd back in '87 after Roger Waters left. I thought that the band was outstanding. Then, a few years ago, I saw Waters' solo concert. It is the best concert I've ever seen bar none. Even better than the "Pink Floyd" concert of '87. Roger is the soul of the band. After seeing his solo act, it ocurred to me that they should have retired the band after Waters left.

I totally agree with Prophecor's above statement. "The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking" is a fabulous album.

Robyn

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Roy Harper sings 'Have A Cigar? on Wish you were here.

His early days involved being brought up by a Jehovahs Wittness, I believe he ran away from home to join the air force to get out of it!

I saw him in concert in the eighties, and I can tell you he was still pissed at the JDubs! During one of his monolougs he started raging about the JW's. The some members of the audience were saying to let the JW's believe what they want, and it was OK. Roy then started shouting saying "Yeh, well imagain if they came to your door with a machine gun! Then you wouldn't be so understanding. Its going to happen someday!" I'll never forget that. He must have been on something, I couldn't stop laughing. He then sung a song about Jehovah and his Whitlesses.

Excellent Gig, great memories.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit