• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Out of all the pictures, I thought this one said it all:

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

She couldn't get both fingers in?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thanks, CG. You know, with as horribly as women have been treated in this country, this picture does say a lot.

I heard on the radio, but could not find any information online, that the percentage of women in the new Iraqi government is going to be as high as 25%. Do you know if this is true?

Jean

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    She couldn't get both fingers in?

Well, Smurfet is very tiney (only three apples tall). That would mean that she has a tight little....

• freedom96
    freedom96

Hopefully, this voting system works for the Iraqi people.

Doesn't matter if the % of those voting is high or low, there will be those on both sides complaining. I would love to hear a high turnout all considering, both for the Iraqi people, and to hear how the media spins it.

Interesting side point though: I live in a military city, San Diego. I run into many, many American soldiers, who have come back from Iraq. Each one of them I ask how it really is. 95% of them says the media is not accurate. Yes, any American soldier who dies, sucks, but they are saying that the good far outweighs the bad there.

Makes one think. They are there, they see it first hand. We are not. No doubt we are not hearing the complete story from the media.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Elsewhere!

go to your room!

Jean

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    they are saying that the good far outweighs the bad there.

Do they give examples of the types of successes they are having there that are not being reported in the mainstream media?

J

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere!
    go to your room!
    Jean

ok.

*** Takes Jean by the hand and takes her to my room ***

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    I heard on the radio, but could not find any information online, that the percentage of women in the new Iraqi government is going to be as high as 25%. Do you know if this is true?

I have to find the news link again, jeannie, but yes, 25% of the seats in the assembly will go to women. I'll keep searching, found the information this morning and didn't bookmark it..aargh

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

this is great news! i hope this means our troops will be coming home soon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit