72% Voter Turnout in Iraq

by Elsewhere 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Typical ... where is the most trouble from the Iraqi election? Bloody MANCHESTER !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4220437.stm

• eljefe
    eljefe

I just don't get why Americans get so excited about the alleged 72% Iraqis going to the polls.

We get excited because the Iraqis get excited.

A Kurdish woman wearing a black scarf said simply, "This is the happiest day of my life.

Source

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Heathen - what a load of rubbish you talk. You have obviously never visited, let alone lived in a country, where sufficient food and water are the number one priorities of the day.

Personally, I can only wish the best for the ordinary people of Iraq.

Eyeslice

• bisous
    bisous

I hope the forces their (Iraqi and military) can provide the same level of protection to the voting citizens as they did while they went to the polls. That ink is difficult to remove.

• Pole
    Pole
    I just don't get why Americans get so excited about the alleged 72% Iraqis going to the polls.

Just before people start using this statement of mine all over the thread to prove their points, please notice that it was meant to parrot the question about "Europeans" being so skeptical. When taken out of its context it doesn't represent my intentions at all. I didn't mean to extrapolate it to all Americans and I didn't meant to dilute the significance of the election. Please find another strawman.

BTW, I also got "excited" about the elections (I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't).

Czar,

Yeah, that's my main objection - those sweeping generalizations. Even if we exclude Spain, France and Germany were a minority in Europe with Italy, UK, Poland (and Ukraine) sending troops. It makes little sense to say European countries have done nothing to help US if you just mean two major countries.

Pole

• eljefe
    eljefe

Yeah, that's my main objection - those sweeping generalizations. Even if we exclude Spain, France and Germany were a minority in Europe with Italy, UK, Poland (and Ukraine) sending troops. It makes little sense to say European countries have done nothing to help US if you just mean two major countries.

Unfortunately, many Americans subscribe to the John Kerry school of thought. Also, say that the allies were coerced doesn't help either. From the 2004 presidential debate:

KERRY: The United Nations, Kofi Annan offered help after Baghdad fell. And we never picked him up on that and did what was necessary to transfer authority and to transfer reconstruction. It was always American-run.

Secondly, when we went in, there were three countries: Great Britain, Australia and the United States. That's not a grand coalition. We can do better.

Source

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hey Polak If Britain is not in "EUROPE" Then where the heck is it.??????? Dont they teach Geography in Poland.

Do Branitch!!!!!

Aikon

• Pole
    Pole

double post

• Pole
    Pole

Aikon,

I'm not sure what is your problem. Where did I say it's not?

Pole

Edited to add: you wouldn't like to check my knowledge of political geography.

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Pole You wrote "Of course Britain is not a European state"

Aikon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit