Notice to all JW's - You must now call the Yorkshire Ripper your 'Brother'!

by nicolaou 53 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

He might not even make it to the Broadmoore Pool.. hehhe.

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial2.html#sutcliffe

Peter Sutcliffe (13+) Between 1975 and 1984 Pete was known as the "Yorkshire Ripper" as he terrorized hookers around Northern England with his hammer and other instruments of torture. A former mortuary worker, Pete spoke with God frequently. The good Lord ordered him to go out and hunt prostitutes and, as a true Christian, Pete did as he was told. Luckily, he also enjoyed the job and would cum in his pants as he hammered and stabbed his victims to death.

Police were frustrated with numerous false confessions they received during their search for him. On January 2, 1981, Petie was finally caught sitting in a car with a prostitute. While in custody he confessed everything. Pete is also suspected of having killed and maimed several other women in France and Sweden during his travels abroad.

On March 10, 1997 Petie was stabbed in both eyes by a fellow inmate during a fight at the Broadmoor Hospital. It is believed that Surcliffe was in his room in Henley Ward when he was attacked. The attacker, Ian Kay -- also known as the "Woolworths Killer" -- stabbed Petie with a fibre-tipped pen, the type used in drawing classes at the hospital. Not the nicest "chap in the block," Kay -- described as an "extremely dangerous man" -- was jailed for a minimum of 22 years in 1995 for the November, 1994, murder in southwest London of a Woolworths manager which he carried out while on leave from prison after serving less than three years of an eight-year term for nearly killing another shop worker in an almost identical attack.

On January 28, 1998, Kay admitted to stabbing Pete adding attempted murder to his long list of convictions. In no uncertain terms, Kay told the court he had meant to attack Pete with a razor embedded in a toothbrush handle. "I was going to ... walk into the room and cut his jugular vein on both sides and wait there until he was dead. Killing has always been in my mind, ever since I've been here (at Broadmoor). In hindsight I should have straddled him and strangled him with my bare hands... He said God told him to kill 13 women, and I say the devil told me to kill him because of that."

In March, 1996, Sutcliffe was assaulted by a different patient. Then, a prisoner at the high-security hospital in Berkshire almost garrotted Sutcliffe with the flex from a pair of stereo headphones because "resented being locked up with sex offenders". The attacker was pulled off by two other murderers, Kenneth Erskine, the "Stockwell Strangler," and Jamie Devitt.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Certainly a good reason, should he ever be released, not to answer the door when the jws call.

Lol @ Gill, I can think of other good reasons but yes @ that one too!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Does anyone think that the Cult will now attract a few ''wannabe associated with a psycopath'' misfits?

This just may boost the numbers.

• strongbow
    strongbow

Heck I thought they aready had Micheal Jackson (or did I dream that?) I can't believe there's a woman on here who's studying to get baptised, poor thing

• badboy
    badboy

I read a few years back that Sutcliffe was a JW while in Broadmoor.

• avengers
    avengers

Thanks for all the info you guys are giving here. It's another eye-opener for me.
    A while back I started a thread on the subject of psychopathy. I didn't have Suthcliffe in mind,
    but since reading about him, this subject again caught my attention.
    I don't want to hijack this thread, just create more conversation..

First of all I'd like to give you the the link to the thread I started some time ago.
    Lot of good info from people who know what the're talking about. (I don't mean me)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/72216/1.ashx

And now the question: Do you think it's possible for the "Ripper" to change?With Jehovah's Spirit as the JWs say everything is possible.
    IMO this is a very dangerous line of reasoning.
    First he claims to be ill. Illness can be cured; especially with Jehovah's help!
    Once "cured" he could get certain privileges which again IMO would be very dangerous.
    Now the next question:

He could have answered the 80 - 120 questions to their satisfaction years ago.

But what do you think about the following questions regarding the Hare Chart.

Robert D. Hare, Ph.D., is considered one of the world's foremost experts in the area of psychopathy and he is the author of the popular book Without Conscience .

Dr. Hare is a professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia, and has researched psychopathy for more than twenty years. The following is his well-known and implemented psychopathy checklist.

For each characteristic that is listed, the subject is given a score: 0 for "no," 1 for "somewhat," and 2 for "definitely does apply." (Please note that Dr. Hare does not advise that the layman use this checklist for "diagnosing" friends and family; this checklist, however, does give you a good idea how it is used).

1. Glibness/superficial charm
    2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
    3. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
    4. Pathological lying
    5. Conning/manipulative
    6. Lack of remorse or guilt
    7. Shallow affect
    8. Callous/lack of empathy
    9. Parasitic lifestyle
    10. Poor behavioural controls
    11. Promiscuous sexual behaviour
    12. Early behaviour problems
    13. Lack of realistic, long-term plans
    14. Impulsivity
    15. Irresponsibility
    16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
    17. Many short-term relationships
    18. Juvenile delinquency
    19. Revocation of conditional release
    20. Criminal versatility
    Narcissism is also a characteristic

Hare had continued his work with the assessment scale, eventually called the Psychopathy Checklist, and in 1985, he revised it to include only twenty items. It was now known as the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R), and was completed on the basis of a semi-structured interview with the people being assessed, along with information from files. Person by person, each trait on the scale was rated on a scale from 0, meaning the person did not manifest it, to 2, meaning he or she definitely did. The total score was 40, and a person was diagnosed as a psychopath if his or her score fell between 30 and 40. (In some places, a cut-off score of 25 is useful.)

How high do you think the "Ripper" will score on this chart?

I'm not just doing this for the heck of it. I think it's very dangerous to give study to a psychopath especially untrained JW elders.
    In the eyes of the elders the guy is repentant, but a psychopath does not repent. He'll only use the Dubbs to his own satisfaction.

Thanks for bringing this subject up. Sometimes we have to refresh our minds with the knowledge that there are really bad people outthere.

Andy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

http://http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=15134837&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=sutcliffe-walked--free--name_page.html

If that link to "The Mirror" works, it contains a reference to J W's but some way down the article

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I could not get the link to work, so the article was from a leading UK tabloid paper Daily Mirror, dated 31.01.05

Sutcliffe has been blind in one eye since he was stabbed by another patient in 1997. But he claims he has found forgiveness after becoming a Jehovah's Witness.
  • ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Another current article mentions SUtcliffes' full beard.

"Sutcliffe enclosed the photo above, taken in the 70s of himself standing at the same spot. He has kept his dark hair and beard and, although fatter, looks much the same today."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=15134837&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=sutcliffe-walked--free--name_page.html

So it is doubtful that he is an approved publisher.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

For anyone following this story, todays edition of the Daily Mail continues the story on pages 20-21.

The thrust of the article is to suggest that Sutcliffe is a devious and scheming manipulator who is attempting to present himself as a reformed indivdual in order to get transferred to a 'normal' prison from wher he could subsequently apply for parole.

"Sutcliffe is now a Jehovah's Witness and reads the Bible every day. Ministers visit him in his room twice a week"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit