Notice to all JW's - You must now call the Yorkshire Ripper your 'Brother'!

by nicolaou 53 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lurk
    lurk

i read the interview peter sutcliffe did with a female reporter from the daily mail a few months ago

in it he said that he is a jehovahs witness and is now aware that he had had a demon problem that had made him kill and that he doesnt have that problem now.(cant remeber his exact words but somthing to that effect).

so i doubt theres any chance of him getting out of the clink now that he has attributed his killing to being someone elses fault, especially if that someone is a demon. the authorites are not likely to be impressed by that as a sign of recovery.

lurk

• avengers
    avengers
    Given the rather joyless and stressful existence of those who inhabit the kingdom halls, perhaps Sutcliffe "deserves" the Watchtower lifestyle.

He sure does deserve the Watchtower lifestyle, but the fact is that there are many innocent youngsters still within the org. My hairs rise, actually I'm gatting bald (lol) with the knowledge that these predators can roam around freely within the Kingdumb Halls. Can't understand that these men "full of Spirit" can't or don't want to see this. Andy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Another Killer finds the 'Truth'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST CHESTER -- Richard L. Greist ended decades of silence Wednesday when the institutionalized killer took the witness stand during his annual recommitment hearing.

The former East Coventry resident found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity lamented killing his wife and unborn son in 1978, quoted verses from the Bible and apologized to his two daughters.

But his daughters? own testimony overshadowed Greist?s -- recounting in explicit detail their father?s rampage that nearly killed them.

"My sister and I love him very much, and we forgive him," said Elizabeth Ann Butts, 32, Greist?s older daughter. But they asked the court not to release Greist, "not now or ever." Angela Dykie, 31, the killer?s other daughter, agreed her father should remain committed to a mental hospital for the rest of his life.

Dykie described Greist?s "searing slaps" and the "screams of terror" as he beat and stabbed the members of his family. "He had fiery orange and green swirling eyes," Dykie testified. "They were empty and the most evil thing I?ve ever seen."

Greist, now 53, stabbed his wife, Janice, to death and mutilated their 8-month-old unborn fetus -- which he said he has named Christopher -- in the family?s home on May 10, 1978. He also attacked Butts, who was 6 at the time, Dykie, who was 5, and the girls? 71-year-old great-grandmother, Anna Gresko.

Two years later at trial, Common Pleas Court Judge Thomas A. Pitt Jr. ruled Greist not guilty by reason of insanity. He was committed to Norristown State Hospital, where he remains today.

By law, Greist is entitled to a recommitment hearing every year. For years, Greist has attempted at these hearings to gain his release from the mental hospital. Wednesday he tried again before Common Pleas Court Judge Edward Griffith. The judge will make a ruling at a later date. Greist and his attorney, Marita M. Hutchinson, seek to have Greist moved from Norristown State Hospital to a less restrictive facility known as community residential rehabilitation.

"I wish from my very soul that I could take back the time in the 1970s," Greist said, "and have my wife Janice and my children back." The killer claimed he is "well and I have been for a long time." He apologized for the "pain" he caused Butts and Dykie, and recalled the "sweet smell of their hair after shampooing it." "I only have a few photos of my daughters," Greist said. "They are among my most precious possessions." He also testified remorsefully about not being able to teach Christopher how to "sail my yacht, like I had taught the girls."

Dr. Sudhir Stokes, the psychiatrist in charge of Greist?s treatment at Norristown, has treated Greist for three years and supported the patient?s appeal for more freedom. "All people, including Mr. Greist, have to be given the chance to move to the next level," Stokes said. Greist?s privileges at the hospital have progressed to the point where he is now allowed to roam freely on the hospital?s 40-acre compound.

Since the slayings, Greist has become a Jehovah?s Witness. He is allowed to leave the hospital for three hours every week to attend services in West Norristown. The man also is granted one 12-hour leave every three months, which he has used to go shopping at the King of Prussia Mall, and he often travels alone using public transportation to visit physicians located off the hospital property.

Greist holds a job at the hospital as manager of the facility?s cafeteria, and on Nov. 29, he married his third wife, Frances Greist, a New Zealand woman he met on the Internet through a Jehovah?s Witness Web site.

Assistant District Attorney Peter Hobart argued against any change to Greist?s commitment status. Hobart called upon Dr. Barbara E. Ziv, a forensic psychiatrist, and psychologist Steven E. Samuel, to testify the man still posed a risk to the community. "Richard Greist has talked in very concerning ways about all the women in his life," Ziv said. She concluded he has demonstrated a "high degree of misogyny and anti-female resentment."

Samuel examined Greist twice during January. "He has not developed any insight into the basis of what happened in 1978," Samuel said. "I think he is bothered by intense emotional feelings, he is frightened by them in a way. He consciously covers over his problems to minimize his weaknesses."

http://www.dailylocal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14164496&BRD=1671&PAG=461&dept_id=17782&rfi=6

• besty
    besty

Not sure if Peter Sutcliffe is still claiming to be a JW but he is claiming he is back to normal after killing 13 women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1954408/Yorkshire-ripper-launches-freedom-bid.html

And therefore he could be coming to a Kingdom Hall near you.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/forthcb/pdt/yrarticles/dcosm.shtml

It says here that he's been a witness since 1999!

I wonder why that has never been advertised by the WBTS. Can you imagine him on the platform giving his experience?

Paul

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Son of Sam killer David Berkowitz from New York is now a "born again" Christian and says God has forgiven him.....but have we....amazing how these nut jobs turn religious and forgive themselves.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

If he's declared sane they should re-charge him with 13 counts of murder and then he'll never be freed! I can't see the European courts deciding in his favour...

... but stranger things have happened

If he was freed, I'm not sure he'd be safe either - certainly not here in West Yorkshire.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Good. Now he has two prisons. One outside his body and another inside his mind. I hope the cognitive dissonance fucks him up even more, if that were possible.

Great advertising for the Witlesses too.

• fokyc
    fokyc

AND Rose West, - 'Sister'!!!!

HOUSE of Horrors monster Rose West has "found God" and joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses, The Sun can reveal.

The killer, 53, keeps a Bible in her cell after being converted by visitor Bill Hequet, in his 50s.

West has registered her religion – which welcomes "those who repent" – at Bronzefield Prison in Ashfield, Middx. UK

She is serving ten life terms for murdering girls at 25 Cromwell Street, Gloucester, with husband Fred, 53, who killed himself.

Published: 26 Dec 2007

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article619953.ece

fokyc

• Gadget
    Gadget

Apparently Peter sutcliff is trying to get released again. His solicitor is trying to argue that he is no longer insane and so should be transfered back to a normal high security prison where he would be eligible for parole hearings like all life sentence prisoners.

I work in one of the UK's highest security prisons and have met many high profile prisoners. People think of them as the worst prisoners because they are in the public profile, but compared to some of the other prisoners they're nothing. People have done much more horrific crimes and are released eventually, but because they are not commonly known to most of the public nothing is said. If jw's have allegedly recruited Rose West and Peter Sutcliff then how many more have they been able to recruit? And what sort of people have they been recruiting? This sort of info would be readily available under the UK's 'freedom of information act', and would be interested to see what it showed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit