The John Denver Issue, vote now.

by londoner 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

londoner, I met you on a different board, its not the same here as it is there, play nice here. People will always question the account, even if its an eye witness account, it doesnt mean they are being nasty.

No person deserves a plane wreck, his only crime appears to be that somewhere along the line JWs really offended him and he responded unwisely, all of us would deserve one if that was a crime.

As a JW I heard that Earth Wind & Fire stood up in their concerts and asked all JWs to leave, as far as I know its urban legend. But you say you were actually at this event where JDenver did it. Who am I to question it? You saw it, there is no need to worry if people dont believe it.

You're a good person londoner, I have enjoyed reading you're posts on all the years you spent as a JW.

Brummie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    No skin off my back. He was a dork anyway. No offense to present company. You guys are cool.(sucking up)

laters

kaykay_mp

LOL!

Sometime in 1976/77 John Denver was swamped at his Adelaide (SAust) hotel room by autograph hunting, celebrity worshiping JWs (the rumour had gone out that he was a JW). Well, the country boy went berko - JW fans were shocked and the news media enjoyed his angry outbursts (perhaps fueled by a cleaner who placed a truth book and green bible in his bedside drawer lol

I have heard the Londoners story before and am interested whether it occurred before or after the Adelaide farce.

unclebruce.

ps: Brummie's right

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Londoner,

If your story is true, it's sad. Without some evidence to back it up, however, it is only your word for it, and I don't know you well enough (or at all, actually) to say whether your word is worth anything or not. I hope time will prove you to be trustworthy and your postings to be valid.

I also hope you are mistaken in your recollection of John Denver's character.

Susan

• londoner
    londoner

I have apologised for my plane crash comment , plz read it

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just found this little item too, again of questionable value:

And then a very good friend told us that JD did not dislike JWs. He said that after a JW district convention in Denver, CO, a JD concert was scheduled for that evening. The concert had nothing to do with the convention earlier that day. As the stage crew began to setup things, curious Jehovah's Witnesses lingered after the convention (I too would linger and investigate whether I could purchase tickets). Apparently JD noticed the problem of having people without tickets not leaving the arena and on mike, asked 'all Jehovah's Witnesses to vacate their seats and leave the facility'. Something to the effect of, 'Are there any JWs in the audience? Would you please stand? Now would you please leave?'

In a gregarious organization, I can easily see how this statement by JD could being misconstrued. I can also understand why those who were sitting down just before the concert was beginning would share the exact facts. It goes to show you that telling stories that are rumored or 2nd- or 3rd-hand about anything is simply wrong and misleading.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.fan.john-denver/msg/b33f5d4ed76953a0

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Londoners story meshes perfectly with the truth,

Little Johnny Denver definitely had a short fuse and is known for his out of control ranting and raging against his fans (as shown by his making such a goof of himself in Adelaide - music capital of the southern hemisphere).

for proof see my post above and check out the Murdoch press.

unclebruce

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit