The John Denver Issue, vote now.

by londoner 76 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I have e-mailed Carson Productions to verify the story and if there is a clip available of the alleged incident.

• Khazar
    Khazar

Will someone please tell me what a wanker is? And, I hope I am not one.

khazar

• steve2
    steve2

Will someone please tell me what a wanker is? And, I hope I am not one.

khazar

Khazar you betray your nationality. Wanker is an old English word for "masturbator". To the best of my knowledge, the word has never caught on in the US, but it is used frequently in Australia, New Zealand and Britian to describe someone who is held in contempt. If some calls me a wanker, I usually am not pleased - unless they're good friends and they "kidding". I myself would not use it to describe someone but, rather sneakily, I might say to a person who calls someone else a wanker: "I agree". Which is very hypocritical of me, I know.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

144001 I love you.

laters

kaykay_mp

• defective light
    defective light

mkr32208

Crashing a fully fueled up plane into a mountain at 215 mph is pretty fool proof... I heard they had to Id him from dental records... you ain't pulling through that kind of crash!

I believe JD met his demise in an expermental aircraft off of the coast of California, that was B1rd related mishap (bird strike) <<< Urban legions U gotta love um' >>>

• IronGland
    IronGland

I for one am in the Urban Legend camp. Especially since JW's latch on to anything that proves they are 'persecuted'. However, here's an account from a John Denver fan group on usenet that is also probably an UL but would at least sound closer to something believable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then a very good friend told us that JD did not dislike JWs. He said that after
    a JW district convention in Denver, CO, a JD concert was scheduled for that
    evening. The concert had nothing to do with the convention earlier that day. As
    the stage crew began to setup things, curious Jehovahs Witnesses lingered after the
    convention
    Apparently JD noticed the problem of having people without tickets not leaving the
    arena and on mike, asked 'all Jehovahs Witnesses to vacate their seats and leave
    the facility'. Something to the effect of, 'Are there any JWs in the audience?
    Would you please stand? Now would you please leave?'

In a gregarious organization, I can easily see how this statement by JD could being
    misconstrued. I can also understand why those who were sitting down just before the
    concert was beginning would share the exact facts. It goes to show you that telling
    stories that are rumored or 2nd- or 3rd-hand about anything is simply wrong and
    misleading.

• steve2
    steve2
    In a gregarious organization, I can easily see how this statement by JD could being
    misconstrued.

A plausible conclusion for what happened on that specific occasion. But what about londoner's own eye-witness account of what happened in England?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I believe JD met his demise in an expermental aircraft off of the coast of California, that was B1rd related mishap (bird strike) <<< Urban legions U gotta love um' >>>

Well I will freely admit I was wrong I have never investigated the crash but here's someone who has it had nothing to do with a bird either so BLAAAAA

I would personally wonder if he was drunk off his a$$ but you'd never pry that info out of ANYONE as mentioned before my FAA instructor was a crash investigator and DID tell me a lot about the Kennedy crash which he WAS involved in all I'll say is you NEVER get the whole story with these situations...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

And whether he hit a mountain at 215 mph or did a nose dive into the ocean maybe 300+ mph it's still pretty damn quick!

kaykay_mp: I love you too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit