Bush failure or stable Iraq?

by Spartacus 100 Replies latest social current

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Simon I agree, Iraq may not come to realize self rule under Bush but events are already put in motion and now it is a matter how much benefit can come out of this mess, whining about the past will not accomplish anything, taking proactive action can make a difference. The Democrats have really let America down by putting Kerry up for election a proven coward at a time of war was really a let down, plus all the left wing sensibilities did not help either when most Americans feel the country is in moral decay. America is going through a backlash from immorality and the Democrats are perceived as facilitators of it. My hope is the Democrats will get them losers out of control and put some fresh faces and new ideas before the American people but as I see things now the Democrats will continue to implode and stab themselves all over, what a sorry bunch they have become and will be of no service to us at this point. I predict the Republicans will win the next couple elections until the Democrats get their act together.

• Simon
    Simon

Your "argument" (for want of a better description) seems to be that Bush caused this mess but really it must be everyone elses fault, especially those who stood up and said "this is a really bad idea" at the time. What we must ensure is that we learn nothing and give the moron who got us into this mess 100% backing so that he can lead the world into yet more crisis.

Does that sum it up?!

Oh, and while you try and lump everyone in Iraq as a fanatical islamist, you may want to wake up to the fact that the person who has done most to further the cause of radical islam in Iraq is ...

... president Bush.

Let's all hear it for the president !

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Another question on this subject that seems to be avoided by Bushist's at all costs is this : What part does religious conviction play in US foreign policy in the Middle East?

This is something that drives me out of my mind. It seems like ex-JW repubs are either completely ignorant of their fundy xtian fanatic political bedfellows and the heavy influence that these Apocalyptic Bible-thumpers have on the current administration, or else they must take the pragmatic view of them that the neocons do - they are useful for now.

Unfortunately the left is as limp as seaweed these days. Bobby Kennedy, we could sure use a man like you now.

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Again, hillary_step you are retreading things that is not my purpose for this thread, it is to look forward to glean whatever benefit that can be had from this war.

What part does religious conviction play in US foreign policy in the Middle East?

I don't believe it has much to do with it but what does it matter? Whatever foreign policy got us here put us in this situation, now what? I think it's really been a geo-political response, oil, and post 9/11 consequences. Bush took a great gamble of trying to change the types of governments that has great economic influence on the world, oil. And Bush felt that war would divert bigger problems down the road, we will see and as much as I don't like what he did, now we have to see this thing through. Hand wringing and tears will not do us much good now.

In America we need to get the only opposition party act together but as things are now and from what I am hearing from that camp as of late, they have not learn a dayum thing, the Democrats are letting this country down, BIG TIME. So it's time to do what needs to be done now and in the future and winning this conflict is number one at this point, meanwhile getting our political house in order is just as important. I agree with you hillary_step, smart diplomacy was much needed post 9/11 but so often after aggression leads to more of it until one or the other is defeated and that is where we are at now, we have no choice. In the future we as a nation we need to make sure that we have people in power that will be more patience and deal with 9/11type events with more care and war indeed if needed during this time of nuclear access which will only become easier as time passes. I agree with your last post for the most part, kudos for you. :)

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Simon, you are still missing the point and purposely too so you can whine and bitch about how awful America is. I think we should demand all the dayum money we floated Europe, the only country that paid us back in full is Norway, how about that if you want to talk about the past. You are addicted to anti American propaganda and whining. I blame Britian in allowing Hitler to build forces that started WW2 that killed 100's of millions of people, so what does that matter? How should we move forward now? That is the question sir. That is my point.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Spartucus--------------at least Kerry actually went to war,unlike Bush ,who hid behind his old man!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Spartacus ... what about you going on the battelfield for the Bushes Egemony ?

• IronGland
    IronGland
    I blame Britian in allowing Hitler to build forces that started WW2 that killed 100's of millions of people

55 Million is the most common estimate.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Simon,

Does jwd have any members that are Iraqi? I'd love to hear an opinion from someone qualified to vote in the upcoming election.

Jean

• upside/down
    upside/down

hs- you state that half the world doesn't agree with the US and UK... which half? Half the governments? Half the people? Half the nations? Half the religions? Hell China and India alone have over 1/3 of the pop.

When this "Iraq" mess is over we'll all get back to feeding on each other as we have always done. then we'll all rally to tackle the next "Iraq", whether it be Iran, N.Korea, China or wherever. I will tell you this the US "is Capitalism", and if her efforts to do commerce are in any way threatened she will act! That's why so many petty totalitarian gov's are allowed to exist while others are destroyed- ECONOMICS.

Any of you ever see the movie "Network"? It pretty well sums it up. Religion and idealistic political schemes ALWAYS play 2nd fiddle to the almighty dollar.

Who gives a flying f*ck?

As if my opinion matters in "their" country. The US although not "God", has certainly earned it's right do pretty much whatever it wants. And that chaps many peoples asses. I'm not saying "might is right". I'm just saying the "golden rule- he who has the gold makes the rules", will always prevail- it always has. No different than the control the WTS has over it's members- what are you gonna do? You can't stop them or the government for that matter.

Unless of course, you'd like to run for office? Which is your right.

I just wonder if Red China or the former USSR ruled the planet economically and militarily how much ear they would lend to the West's cry of "foul" whenever we didn't like what they were doing. They'd put a bullet in your head, no questions asked.

What we have here are a bunch or "arm chair" politicians.... that could solve all the worlds woes, if only they were in charge. Till then I thank "God" we at least have a country like the US and her allies running the show- it could be much worse!

u/d Smiley Of Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit