Bush failure or stable Iraq?

by Spartacus 100 Replies latest social current

• heathen
    heathen

I think Bush succeded where he really wanted to and that was controling the oil . They are now controling the central government of Iraq and they removed sadaam housein from power .They only gave a half assed attempt at finding bin laden who was the real reason given to the american people after 911 .I really can't see being able to stop the religious extremists from actively trying to thwart the plans for a democratic republic .The US would have to control the entire region to even have half a chance at success . They are looking for reasons to invade Iran the sudan but when it comes down to it the people that carried out 911 were saudies .

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Spartacus,

I still don't believe you. ta ta...

Being disbelieved by the drooling village idiot is not likely to mean anything to me. Is it supposed to?

HS

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Yeah, whatever, bye

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Told you ... ask him in private ... and don't forget the mic !

• Simon
    Simon
    Being disbelieved by the drooling village idiot is not likely to mean anything to me. Is it supposed to?

LOL

Spartacus, you will get better replies if you don't presume to tell people what the only options for answering are !

OK, Simon, going forward what do you want Bush/military failure or stable democratic Iraq? I know you answered that but deep down I think you would find some satisfaction in a military failure. To teach us spoiled Americans a lesson, right?

I would like to see a stable and democratic Iraq but I do not think that will happen while Bush and co are involved. All they care about is the oil. That is all they have put real effort into securing.

This election is a complete farce and would not be tollerated in the US. Would they have held elections in Washington for instance with the sniper running around? Of course not ... and yet you will label whatever fiasco Bible Bush dishes up and call it inspired.

Oh, and I think it already counts as military failure. You have proven to the world that you cannot occupy a country that has had 10 years of sanctions and bombings despite having the worlds biggest military. I bet the Iranians, North Koreans and Chinese are pissing themselves laughing.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I bet not!

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Well, time will only tell and I hope things work out even though I believe going into Iraq was not the right thing to do but all wars are opposed by those who see only despair, no hope and full of fear, over time they were proven wrong in many cases like WW1, WW2. People love to sit on the side and be armchair quarterbacks and pose themselves as oracles but it always boils down to what actually happens.

My point of the whole thread is, the circumstances that brought us to this point is water under the bridge and out of our control, if you want to use this occasion to tee off on Americans well you have your chance. But it won't matter much when you come to realize that all the whining and sympathizing with Islamic fascists will not buy you any quarter from them, you are still an Infidel, deserving death and condemnation. Eventually this nasty pus of a problem will come to a head and it will be a matter of our liberty or our submission indeed and all the hate and vitriol now is for nothing anyway.

The Islamic-fascists have made it clear, democracy is a sin against Islam and if they had their way you and I will not have a choice. There is no moral equivalence between Islam and democracy, they are diametrically opposed, one that uses the moral authority of a democratic system by the people and the other uses the moral authority of religion, Sharia law and force, created and established by a religious war lord, whose religion is the fastest growing in the world. If the insurgents win this conflict, they will gain more prestige, oil money and power to press their religious war on the world and one day a choice will have to be made by the tip of a nuclear warhead. That is not a prediction it is in the works right before our eyes.

So whine all you want, it does not matter at this point, winning this conflict is.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

My point of the whole thread is, the circumstances that brought us to this point is water under the bridge and out of our control, if you want to use this occasion to tee off on Americans well you have your chance. But it won't matter much when you come to realize that all the whining and sympathizing with Islamic fascists will not buy you any quarter from them,

And you of course buy into the platitude that disagreement with the invasion of Iraq under the misguided directive of 'weapons of mass destruction' equates with sympathy with Islamic extremists. This is patent nonsense and very dangerous nonsense at that.

Few people disagreed with dealing with the Taliban in Afghanistan and even with the pin-ball hunt for Bin Laden, much more than half the world disagrees with US & UK policy in Iraq. Why do you think this is?

Another question on this subject that seems to be avoided by Bushist's at all costs is this : What part does religious conviction play in US foreign policy in the Middle East?

ta -ta - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit