I was Molested by my CO grandfather

by AshtonCA 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Powerful and painful story Ashton. I'm sorry for what happened to you. You deserved far better. Sadly it's all too common. I was molested at roughly the same age as you, so I do understand.

You might want to consider therapy. It doesn't change what happened, but it can change how you feel about what happened. If you are anything like I was, you've got a lot of poison inside that needs to come out.

I'm glad you're here.

Chris

• Kaique
    Kaique

So sorry :( You can write to me if you need.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ashton, DY is related to and was abused by yet another prominent JW elder in the Las Vegas area. If you don't know the initials "DY", then you don't know DY. Just curious.

AlanF

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

(((((Ashton))))) Wow, sadly to say there are a lot of stories like yours out there. Not that this type of thing is exclusive to the JW Org, but the coverup of this sort of thing by the JW Organization has perpetuated this behaviour in the congregations over the years--unbelievable, especially when we were always talking about how Jehovah keeps his organization "clean." Despite my anger and shock at the WT org coverups I am truly sorry for the personal pain you have suffered over these years. There is a lot of help on this website and like someone mentioned above...the silentlambs program....lots of support there too. the best to you...

cybs

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Sorry to hear of your pain, you are not on your own here....all of us have had or experienced some personal truamas which have disturbed our belief system at the time; the most important thing i can advise you to do is rely upon your true friends and live your life now as full as you possibly can; its the only way to bury the demons...be positive.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Ashton))) ...

I feel for you ... (good that you can talk about it) ... hope you'll be able to burry this all thing as soon as possible - if possible
    THEY MAKE ME SICK !!!

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Ashton--

My heart absolutely aches for you. You experienced an evil that no one should have to deal with. Your grandfather may have gotten away with his evil actions while he was alive but, I refuse to believe that there won't be some kind of justice for you. Good luck to you on your journey.

Curlygirl

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

My thoughts are with you and all those who speak out regarding the abuse that they had suffered.

Your strength of character is truly astounding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit