I was Molested by my CO grandfather

by AshtonCA 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ashton, are you related to DY?

AlanF

• toladest
    toladest

Ashton, I am so sorry to hear what you have gone through. I too have gone through being molested. It is a long hard process to healing, but even though it never completely goes away it can get better. It helps a lot to talk to others about it, so I hope your posting here works as a good start for you.

WELCOME!

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

((((Ashton)))),

Sorry to hear about what you went through. Getting it off your chest is a good first step, especially to people who will actually listen to you. Hopefully your mother and aunt will be able to deal with their issues as well.

Brad

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm 37 yo and it is a subject that I don't speak of often. I have never had counseling, though I know I should have.

while reading all of these posts on this board, I can so relate to most topics. I swear, I have to look and see if the posts weren't posted by my siblings lol.

Ashton

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi, not sure who DY is

Ashton

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Ashton.That is so sad - child molesters are usually trusted people (eg relatives) who carefully 'groom' their 'victim' first. In cases like this, it seems more tragic as the MOLESTER is doubly trusted (picked by no less than GOD HIMSELF).

I was told, as a youngster, (when I questioned that there MUST be bad people in 'The Truth' - human nature being what it is), that Jehovah soon brings it to light and rids the Congregation of sinners. Keeping the Congreagation 'clean'. I beg to differ. If I could see a child being molested I would act IMMEDIATELY, and I wonder why Jehovah allows this to go unnoticed in HIS Organisation for so long.

Kay - sorry to hear that you had to experience this too (was he a JW?)- I think it is far more widespread than we think.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Grrr

This makes me so angry, Ashton I am sorry to hear your story *HUGS*

I hope you find some kind of comfort in this forum

Josh

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    (was he a JW?)

yes he is. I don't worry about it all that much anymore. I'm just satisifed the karma part is taking over and sit back and revel in it!

laters

kaykay_mp

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

You said he IS a JW kay - still???? I think young mothers in the Congregation ought to be made aware of who these people are - then let's see if they trust their 'brothers' or their own instincts.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Ashton and Kay

My heart goes out to you both. This sort of thing is unforgivable; even more so when perpetrated by people claiming a strong religious belief.

Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit