I was Molested by my CO grandfather

by AshtonCA 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi all,

I was molested by my grandfather from the age of 3 to 7. He was also molesting his daughter (my aunt) and maybe others. It was covered over and my entire family was actually shunned when we went to the elders when I was 18. I did not tell anyone about it until then because my grandfather had me believing our relationship was special and it was our little secret.

When confronted, he of course denied it. My mother even spoke up of a time when he had tried to molest her when she was 8 months pregnant with one of my brothers. I know this happened because I saw it happen with my own eyes and I remember feeling jealous.

My mother went to my dad but my dad refused to believe her because he couldn't fathom that his own father would do such a thing. My parents did not know that it was happening to me, but my mom had seen my grandfather doing things to my aunt and she told my dad and my dad didn't believe her and nothing was ever done about it. My mother suffers to this day with guilt that she didn't go to the authorities, but my dad being an elder talked her out of it, so she did the good little wife thing and shut up and said nothing, all the while my poor aunt was going through hell.

When I was 18, we went to the elders about it and they talked to my grandfather and he denied it and they then said there was nothing they could do about it because it was hearsay. We lost all of our friends who were friends with them because they all sided with him against us.

My grandfather died in '03 at the age of 81 and nothing ever happened to him.

For a long time, I had wondered if I had made it up in my head, but I don't think so because my mom did say she saw me doing things in public with my grandfather that were just not right and she even confronted him about it and he said nothing was happening that she was seeing things.

The cover up is unbelievable. It is sad that children are less important than the sanctity of the organization. My grandfather was a bigwig CO in Los Vegas and could never do any wrong. I have suffered all of my life over this and I still have problems with it.

Thank you for listening.

Ashton

• Satanus
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Ashton))))) I am so sorry you went through that. Welcome to the forum, and I hope that you find comfort and healing here, as well as tons of new friends. Quite a few of us have been through similar circumstances, so look through "Best of" and get acquainted with everyone -- take your shoes off and make yourself at home!

Hugs,

Nina

• upside/down
    upside/down

What's the rat bastard's name?

Don't protect him!

u/d

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Are you familiar with silent lambs?

www.silentlambs.org

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome. Im so sorry for you. I hope you like it here. What an asshole.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Ashton

I must say I am so sorry (((Ashton)))....what your grandfather did was horrible...

hugs,

CodeBlue

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I'm really sorry that it happened to you too--the same thing happened to me throughout my childhood. and of course everyone thinks I'm a flaky bitch, because he has so much influence in my hometown. Not even my grandmother (who died in 2000) believed me. Came to find out in 2001 that he was molesting my mother and my aunt as well, which is why they brushed me off when I complained about it. But I do have the satisfaction of seeing him lead a miserable life with his money-grubbing, ugly ass new wife, the loss of his business, and him losing his house. I'm evil, I know, but its about time he got his comeuppance for molesting me; and I should say that it's good enough for me.

laters

kaykay_mp

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Welcome Ashton, I feel for you.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

There's not enough words in the world. Just know you've found a haven and people who will believe you. You weren't in the wrong, it was everyone else you were taught to trust that betrayed you.

May your new journey (started with your very brave post) take you to brighter skies. You are a gift to the world, don't ever doubt it!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit