Reinstatement procedure

by Pebbles RC 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Returning to a high control system like the Witnesses is like returrning to an abusive mate. You must convince them that you are sorry for questioning their authority and that you long for their control. Please reconsider your actions, but do so in the light of the facts not the numbness and emptiness you are now feeling. You need something it is true, but is that need really to be reintigrated into a closed system of intellectual restraint? What you need is acceptance and self resect, these come from being true to yourself and broadening your love for people beyond a select few that think the same way. Research high control groups (cults) and how they have use a system of psychological controls that deeply affect the members and exmembers. Even informed, it literally takes years to really understand what happened to us and how to protect ourselves from repeating the mistakes.

• steve2
    steve2
    Returning to a high control system like the Witnesses is like returrning to an abusive mate.

Peacefulpete has said it so well. Even people who have been in realtionships with others who have physically abused them or worse, and who manage to get away from the abusers, may still feel the need to return - especially if they think there is no where else to go.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

(((((((Pebbles))))))))

Cute name....by the way. Since most of the people who frequent this board have left the JW organization for one reason or another, the vast majority of us would beg you to do some research on the religion before you join back up again. I have left in the past couple of years. I noticed that the doctrines were changing constantly and the attitude of the Organization was stricter and the atmosphere in the congos were less loving and the JWs in general were getting stranger and stranger. There are thousands of here who have left and would never step foot into a KH--ever.

I wish you all the best in your search. Listen to your gut. Don't ignore your instincts on this.

Love, cybs

• rebel8
    rebel8
    You can skip all this reinstatement bullshit. Just move to a different city, contact a Kingdom Hall, tell them you want to have a bible study, pretend that you don't know shit, work toward baptism, and voila! You're back in!

LOL LOL LOL

I never thought of that!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'm sorry that you're in such turmoil now. Someone has already said that the reinstatement process is nothing more than groveling. That is absolutely right. Think of the account of the Prodigal Son. He was accepted with open arms by his father and we never hear of him having to sit in the Temple for over a year and having "assessment" meetings with the Rabbis, do we?

Jesus simply told some in the bible to "go and sin no more" when they had come to him. NOTHING about the WTS reflects on how Jesus would act or how compassionate people act.

I know that you feel as if you have "displeased Jehovah", but really, you have displeased the Watchtower Society and must submit to *their* rules and regs----which have nothing to do with Jehovah OR the bible. They have twisted everything they could to make thier teachings *sound* as if they are from the bible.

I was a JW for 30 years (I accepted a home bible study and was an adult as opposed to one who was raised in it) and having researched all the stuff that the WTS doesn't WANT you to check, I discovered what a slimy bunch those in Brooklyn *are*, and deliberatly so.

You can worship God any way and anywhere you want to, even Jesus said that two or three gathered together in my name, etc. How may kingdom halls have three members in it?

Each of us has a personal integrity "bar" we must set (and I'm not talking about a false pride here) and *mine* wouldn't allow me to have any respect for the WTS or be a JW any more when I learned what they are REALLY like, and the control they must have over your life.

Please give this attempt at reinstatement AND allowing mere "men" to control you and to have them tell YOU how long THEY feel that you've repented enough---a really thorough examination in your heart.

Someone that is trying to do what they truly feel is right--should not be forced to beg for crumbs of friendship and acceptance. NOBODY should be made to grovel at the hands of anyone else. Period.

Best wishes on whatever you decide,

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit