Reinstatement procedure

by Pebbles RC 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Pebbles, hon, I'm sorry if I have offended you.

I am very cynical of "Jehovah's Organization" when none of their prophesies come true and they get wishy washy and flip flop on all of the issues that are so very important to them. It is not an organization of love, but of fear-mongering control. You experienced this at the meeting you went to.

Hon, keep looking, keep reading here, and keep your head about you.

Auntie Brenda

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You can skip all this reinstatement bullshit. Just move to a different city, contact a Kingdom Hall, tell them you want to have a bible study, pretend that you don't know shit, work toward baptism, and voila! You're back in!

I think the better option is to go to http://freeminds.org and read up a bit more on the JWs.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course we do not know what personal reasons that you have so as to need re instatement.. But I have no doubt that to do so is simply to rejoin a controlling, ungodly religion that is governed by men alone , without a link to God . that is a polite way of putting it. Use this time to review the mass of inf that is available on the net ..Please!!

Anyway the WTS said this about your point:-

km 12/80 p. 8 Question Box ***

Question

Box

?

Is it proper to study or associate with disfellowshiped persons?

When individuals get together to study the Bible they do so for the purpose of learning more about true worship and its blessings. Their coming together also involves a mutual interchange of encouragement for the purpose of inciting one another to "love and fine works." (Rom. 1:11, 12; Heb. 10:24, 25) This constitutes part of our effort to "work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith." (Gal. 6:10) An invitation to another to study God?s Word is actually an invitation to "let us exalt his name together."?Ps. 34:3.

There are rules to govern the conduct of members of "God?s household" that must be observed by all. (1 Tim. 3:15) The disfellowshiping of an individual actually constitutes his expulsion from the "brotherhood," and members of the congregation are directed to "quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother" who is a deliberate wrongdoer. (1 Cor. 5:11) Further, Paul asked: "For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? . . . what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever?" (2 Cor. 6:14, 15) So, in view of this counsel, it would not be appropriate to conduct a Bible study with a disfellowshiped person, nor to associate with him. (See or book, pp. 171-174.)

What steps can a disfellowshiped person take toward possible reinstatement? Such a person seeking help may attend meetings open to the public. If he gives evidence of a genuine desire to pursue a right course, the elders may feel it would be justifiable to talk to him privately, giving exhortation from God?s Word in a corrective manner, which might move him to abandon his wrong course. This would not be conducted in the form of a Bible study; rather, it would be a matter of simply offering admonition directed toward his spiritual readjustment.?See August 1, 1974, Watchtower, pp. 468-470.

• steve2
    steve2

Let's get this straight, Pebbles R C: You're asking us disfellowshipped ex-JWs how to get back into the organization???

If you're really not kidding us, all I can say is, would you ask Jesus how to go back to Judaism? Or Luther, how to return to Catholicism? Or Joseph Smith, how to go back to monogamy? Or Charles Russell, how to go back to accurate prophecies (er, sorry about this last example; I don't think he ever knew what accurate prophecies were in the first place). How could you trust their answers; how can you trust mine? Anyway, here is my answer: Go back to your kingdom hall and tell the elders that you're so desperate to return that you've been forced to contact disfellowshipped witnesses to find out how to go about getting reinstated. That may be all you have to do to fully weigh up what sort of reception awaits you when you return to the kingdom hall. I just hope you're not too sensitive to condemnatory social cues.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Be nice everyone... I think I might know this person.

Pebbles, if you are who I think you are, don't worry, I won't say unless you say I can. Check your Personal Messages... I sent you one.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Check out the WTBTS fully before you grovel at the feet of the Pharisees of the WT.

Better yet, burn the apostate watchtower mags and find a true Bible believing, Bible reading church that displays true christian love and that keeps on seeking the Kingdom.

Someone should sue the WTBTS for the mental anguish and guilt they have caused during the past 100+ years.

When Armageddon comes to the WTBTS it will be a time for rejoicing and praising the Lord.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Hi Pebbles,

Doubtfully Yours has summarised it very well. Everything in JW land is all a bit of a game and you have to know the rules.

Please ignore some of the more negative comments about never going back. Many of us here have very sounds reasons, such as close family still Jws. for not wanting to be shunned. If that is your reason, then play their game, get re-instated and do whatever you feel comfortable with afterwards. Why people made such efforts to get re-instated and then were never seen again at any more meetings was a topic that often came up at elders meetings but the there is nothing the body of elders can do about it.

Eyeslice

• onacruse
    onacruse

Not 100%, but pretty close to 90% [to make a paraphrase]:

It isn't how repentant you are; it's who you know.

• new light
    new light

Sorry you're having a tough time. Perhaps this could be a warning sign to you that the JWs are not the religion you want to be mixed up in. I had the same problem. I was DFed for 9 years and tried to begin the reinstatement procedure in a cong where no one knew me. The elders actually had a look of disgust on their faces when I said I wanted to be reinstated. All this after humbly walking four miles to get to the meeting. I had to find out about the letter writing on my own, then I give it to them and nothing. I think they just threw it away because a month went by with no response. I then move into my parents' cong and the elders there ask the elders whom I wrote the letter about me to see if I had been going to meetings (I had for a month) and to get the letter forwarded to the new cong. They actually said they have no idea who I am and that they never received any letter. Can you believe it? They actually lied and denied every effort I had made for the past month! I should have run for the hills at this point, but I was also in it to get my family back, so I stuck it out. Be warned: Being an elder has nothing to do with being a good person.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this guy in my hall reinstated 5 months ago still cannot comment at WT study, and people still treat him like he's got leprosy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit