Reinstatement procedure

by Pebbles RC 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pebbles RC
    Pebbles RC

Does anyone out there know the procedure to being reinstated? I have been DF'd for almost 5 years now and I'm considering... possibly getting reinstated. However, I have been to a few meetings in the last few weeks and I am constantly ignored (I thought the elders were allowed to talk to me... there are at least 10 elders) Also, I enquired about getting a bible study and was told that I could not have a Bible study because DF'd people do not get studied with. Well, to be honest, I thought that was interesting to say the least... I've been away for so long and I'm so lost at meetings coz I've forgotten so much of it, and even though I don't get half of what's going on, I'm not allowed to gain any knowledge from anyone and I can't speak to anyone else so how the HELL is someone supposed to progress????

Confused as hek,

Pebbles

• LDH
    LDH
    I have been to a few meetings in the last few weeks and I am constantly ignored (

Hey, these guys sound just like Jesus!

Listen, how much effort are you going to put forth to prove that you are good enough to belong to a group of people who don't want you? What was your "SIN" that was so bad that people who call themselves your brothers and sisters turn on you like a pack of rabid wolves?

For whatever reason, people love it when others grant them approval. You obviously want the approval of the JW's--I would question you as to WHY?

Lisa

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

If memory serves me they make you sit at the back of the KH for a year or more. You are supposed to write them a letter requesting reinstatement. They then decide if you will be reinstated or not. They will look at how "repentant" you are. I never understood why anyone would subject themselves to that process. These are mere men who are drunk with power. They do not deserve the time of day.

• GetBusyLiving27
    GetBusyLiving27

For your sake, please reconsider becoming a JW again. Their religion is demonstrateably false. If you stick around on this board and do some research you won't want to go back.. in fact you'll probably want to run the hell away.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

Dear Friend, all I can say to you as one who was DF'd and shunned and gradually came to have my eyes opened by the Truth, ...is PLEASE, for your own sake, PLEASE do not go back to that organization. It is a complete fraud and it is NOT of God. May the Lord bless you along your way and help you make the right decision. Love, Jaypeeto

• zman
    zman

Peb if you have the our ministry book aka OM book look on page 149 for re details and as for the eleders you have to go to them in most cases as a dfed person. but jus think about it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

1st step is to start going to all the meetings.

2nd step is to put it in writing and hand it to the elders.

3rd step is to meet with the elders where they'll discuss your case and assess your level of repentance.

4th step to to keep going to all the meetings.

5th step is to meet with the elders again, at their convenience. They come to you for this one.

6th step is some more observation. Important that you follow all the rules of getting to all the meetings on time, etc.

7th step is another meeting with the elders. Again, they come to you to set up the meeting.

8th step is more observation.

9th step is yet another meeting in which they'll let you know you're being reinstated.

10th step is the reinstatement itself. Make sure you go to that meeting!

DY

• Room 215
    Room 215

Reinstatement Procedure? It's called groveling....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

DY aren't you forgetting steps 11 and 12"

11th Step - Come to realize that steps 1-10 were all for nothing as The Society is a fear-mongering fraud

12th Step - Stop going to meetings and faaaaaaaaaaddddddeeeeeee away.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh yeah, 13th Step

Date a nice JW man and take him out with you....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit