Elders & Circuit Overseer Get Caught In A BIG Lie!

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    maybe your mother will end up feeling exactly as you do about the org. I hope so. Wouldn't it be wonderful is she did?

but, to realize this only after you've wasted 40 years, the greater part of your life to it

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

This thing about seeing a "worldly" wedding, why can it be wrong? Its just another control thing. Take for example..if someone got batized as a Catholic if they later become Jehovah's Witness's they would be expected to get batized again, but if 2 people got married in a Catholic Church and then later became Jehovah's Witness's, they wouldn't need to remarry as Jehovah's Witness. This is because the Law AND GOD recognize the marriage regardless of what religion married them, so if God by virtue of his approval of the marriage is present at the marriage by can't we be present too, we would also by God's law will be expected to recongnize the marriage regardless of what faith marriage them

I hope you understand my point.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi minimus....

Maybe now would be a fine time for your mom to review the definition of "Lie" in the Insight Volume... you know, where it says "it is not necessary to give truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." Obviously, the CO and Elders? do not think the congregation are entitled to hear truthful information about why your mom is no longer a Pioneer, nor do they feel that the WTS (Jehovah) is entitled to the truth about what happened.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that I'm really glad you're there to give your mom a listening ear and much needed moral support. The lies that these so-called Brothers? are willing to circulate about her must cause her a great deal of distress - that's a horrible thing to do to an elderly woman.

Love, Scully

• Gill
    Gill

Hi minimus!

I'm proud of your mother as I'm sure you are too!

Tell her she's wonderful!

What of bunch of asses those elders are to 'remove' this gutsy lady!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    no mention was ever made of the real reason to the Society "out of respect for her service of 40 years as a pioneer."

More like being afraid of creating a backlash of indignation among her bros & sisters who would know that it was unjust to remove her priviliges

• AlanF
    AlanF

Richard Rawe is an ex-JW who has long provided much reference material for researchy ex-JWs, and has done a great deal toward getting adverse publicity for the Watchtower Society. He doesn't do computers, but spends a lot of time on the phone, trying to put the right people together and gathering useful information. A truly fine man. He lives in Soap Lake, Washington. Last October he helped sponsor a small, 4-day religious conference in Wenatchee that was attended by myself, Jim Penton, the Andersons, Jst2laws and Joyzabel, the Bakers, quite a few Bible-thumpers, and a bunch of other interesting folks. Richard's interests are eclectic, and he enjoys putting together people of widely differing views to discuss their favorite issues and see where it leads. I was the token evolutionist at the October thing.

AlanF

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for all your respnses!!!! You too, Alan. He sounds like a fine man.

• amac
    amac

The CO probably changed it out of fear that the WT HQ would overturn their decision. In the bigger picture, they are pushing for pioneers and would have probably told them to let it slide.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Hi Min,

Although it gives your mother the opportunity to see the WTS more clearly, it is obviously eating at the roots of her belief. At that age, it gives you a lot of "rest" just "knowing" what is going to happen after you pass away: you will just come back. BUT when you got doubts at that age, you simply don't have the time to get other -properly grounded- viewpoints and that gives a lot of sadnes.

That's why I never try to convert "oldies" - only when THEY have questions I will tell them why I think the WTS don't have the truth at all - on the contrary.

On the other hand - your mother already has been confronted with unjustice and lies. I surely hope she is strong enough for what ever is coming her way.

Do take care of your mom cos her world is fallen apart at the moment I am afraid.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{{ Minimus }}}} Looks like you're a chip off the ole {{{{ Minimom }}}} gene block. She sounds like an awesome lady. I'm sorry that at her age she's getting a first hand look at the leadership of a group she dedicated so much of her life to. It has to be tough to have your "faith" and belief structure shaken at such an age. Glad you are there for her support.

Hugs and love to you both

Bren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit