Elders & Circuit Overseer Get Caught In A BIG Lie!

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Min. I feel for your mother.

My grandmother gave her whole adult life to the WTS, pioneering for the most part, regular publisher into her 70's. But towards the end, as her health began to fail, she came to realize, that JWism was a farce.

It bothered her greatly to think she wasted most of her life propagating "The Lie"

"Religion is the worship and service of the Devil and his associate demons .... Religion is the chief means that puts fear into the minds of the people and leads them into the Devil's snare .... Truly then, as stated, 'religion is a snare and a racket,' employed to collect money from them under false representations." Joseph Rutherford

• Mary
    Mary
    The elders said, "The Circuit Overseer did the loving kind thing by not putting in writing that she was removed for attending her granddaughter's wedding to a 'worldly' guy".

What a bunch of assholes........nothing like demoralizing an elderly person after they've given 40 years of their life to this crap. It's funny that your mom is realizing what these idiots are really like, not through her "apostate" son, but by the elder's own hand.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Wow, Minimus your mom is cool. Standing up for herself is great. Its only a matter of time and she will see for herself what the Society is really all about. Imagine removing her after 40 yrs of loyal service. The very idea that the CO was wanting to make no issue with this proves two things. I) He is a coward 2) And he doesn't want to look bad in the eyes of the Organization.

The elders are just as bad. Pushing around a 79 year old person, its next to elderly abuse. I hope your mom keeps her ground. Yes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Praying that this is the opening you need to help mom see the rest of the deception in the organization.

Love Orangefatcat

• codeblue
    codeblue

Min:

So sorry to hear your Mom has been treated so bad.

Her "rose colored glasses" have become cracked...She must be in agony...

give her a hug from me...

CodeBlue

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Minimus,

So sorry to hear about the rude injustice facing your mom. For many elderly witnesses who have spent their lives in the group, they view the congregation as their most important comforter in their old age, and are very fearful of speaking out lest they lose that security.

She must be a very brave lady to take on the elders at her age.

Best wishes to 'super mom'!

Jean

• undercover
    undercover
    It's funny that your mom is realizing what these idiots are really like, not through her "apostate" son, but by the elder's own hand.

And that's the best way for her to find out. Let her see the lies and deception firsthand. When she makes her own decision to leave the JWs it will not be because of what sonnyboy told her but because of her own experience and research. Go, mini-mom!

"Religion is the worship and service of the Devil and his associate demons .... Religion is the chief means that puts fear into the minds of the people and leads them into the Devil's snare .... Truly then, as stated, 'religion is a snare and a racket,' employed to collect money from them under false representations." Joseph Rutherford

xjw,

Where is that quote from? I'd love to have that reference.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Undercover:

Watchtower, Jan. 15 1940, Page 29

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks!

• minimus
    minimus

My mom is very specific about not feeling like she is telling them off for me. She says she's doing it just for herself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mini-mom Rocks!!!......OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit