Slow to help....Quick to punish!

by FreedomFrog 52 Replies latest jw friends

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

JC = Judicial Committee meeting Which usually means someone is about to get DF'ed DF = Disfellowshiped from the Jehovah's Witnesses (which means every JW will shun you) Shunning = treating you like you were DEAD!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

You know the reality of your sitch is this, YOU DID WAIT ON JEHOVAH!

Tell them without their neglect and "begging off" you would never have seen the "light". You actually need to thank them for forcing you to do what you never would have done on your own- think new thoughts! Also how "humbling" it's been to see that Jehovah really does feed the sheep in due season, and you know this first hand because you are now well fed. And that the Bible is right about the road to everlasting life being "cramped and narrow", you know because you're on it! Their jaws will drop!

This reminds me of the joke where this monk joins a monastary and they are only allowed to say 2 words per year. After his first year the monsignor asks what he would like to say, he says "food's cold". Another year passes monsignor again asks and he says. "bed's hard". Another year passes and he says "job's dull". Finally it's the fourth year and he's asked what he would like to say, "I quit"!

The monsignor says, "It's no wonder, you done nothing but b*tch, since you got here!"

u/d Moony

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    This reminds me of the joke where this monk joins a monastary and they are only allowed to say 2 words per year. After his first year the monsignor asks what he would like to say, he says "food's cold". Another year passes monsignor again asks and he says. "bed's hard". Another year passes and he says "job's dull". Finally it's the fourth year and he's asked what he would like to say, "I quit"!

The monsignor says, "It's no wonder, you done nothing but b*tch, since you got here!"

lol, cute! Moony <---is that what i think it is?

• upside/down
    upside/down

I guess that depends on what you think "it" is.

It's a full "moon". Very appropriate gesture for the "shepherds", don't you think?

u/d

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You seem pretty set on the idea and only you know your circumstances. You also know the folks involved better than I, so please accept the following in the spirit it's meant, as I acknowledge I'm shooting blind:

Bearing in mind your alleged "weakness" another excuse which Dave could throw at them [if/when] he attends and if it actually came up, would be that he forced you to go to see what Christendom is really like (but of course you wouldn't worship there).

I should add that whilst it's not encouraged, quite a number of folks go to churches for friends and relatives funerals and just mutely sit there in a non-participatory way. I did it myself, as a "strong" Elder. That might be another option, if it comes up (some guys are a bit myopic, and the Holidays may be the only thing in their sights).

I think that their (my parents) reaction to me getting DF'd will be that they will do their own research. I do have some hope held out that they will lighten up a bit after a couple of years.

I had hoped that, too. My parents shunned me outright, buried their heads in the WTS sand, and three years later I'm no nearer that kind of status quo...
    ...I just add that as a caution against getting your hopes up. Therein can lay frustration and upset.

Of course it wouldn't harm to have a DA letter handy, just in case. If it all goes pear-shaped at the meeting, anyway, it might be nice to preempt their announcement of DF'ing by presenting them a DA letter, first. If yours sounds somewhat desparate, something along the lines of "lack of love... asked for help over an extended period... pleas were totally ignored...", and you present a copy to your family too...
    ...well, it may help your family case (inserting an element of doubt, enough to get a semi-emotional response), and also cause a few interesting questions to be raised at Bethel and also the next CO's visit...

Does this sound a little cold and clinical?
    Sorry, but this genuinely is WAR. They are about to take all of your family away from you!!!
    You should also know that they will hold no barrs, in engaging in "theocratic warfare", if this ever went to court.
    I'm afraid that brings out the Churchill in me!

(((hugs)))

• PinTail
    PinTail

If I smacked every elder who ever told me that " Wait On Jehovah" my arm would be real sore.

Shane

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

LT...

You give me a lot to think about and I know Dave would do it for me. I still have 4 more days to see how I want to handle this.

Tell them without their neglect and "begging off" you would never have seen the "light". You actually need to thank them for forcing you to do what you never would have done on your own- think new thoughts! Also how "humbling" it's been to see that Jehovah really does feed the sheep in due season, and you know this first hand because you are now well fed. And that the Bible is right about the road to everlasting life being "cramped and narrow", you know because you're on it!

This is also a good point U/D. This also might have an impact on my parents. Maybe this can be in my DA letter if it comes to that.

hummm...lots to think about. And you're right LT. I had made up my mind to just forget about it and let them do what they have to do, but now I'm not sure if that's the best way. It's hard for me because on one hand I want to say forget it, it's not worth it. But on the other hand it MAY be worth it if I can keep a relationship with my parents. I don't want to close any doors prematurely.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As someone who wonders at times whether or not he closed some doors prematurely, I would say it's worth giving yourself that time to think

You may decide that it's not worth it (perhaps too much of an emotional investment, or you need the closure). Whatever you decide I wish you both the very best, and you know you have our support. I just felt I had to point out that there were other potential avenues, if you desired to take them.

If you would like to hear any more bright ideas or minutea, feel free to PM
    Good luck, for the weekend!!!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    If you would like to hear any more bright ideas or minutea, feel free to PM

No No...I think you've HELPED enough!! (teeheehee)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Help is just around the corner. Drown first , now quick punishment...

Now the chopping block!!

Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit