Slow to help....Quick to punish!

by FreedomFrog 52 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I was baptized in 1986...so about 18 years.

Got this from the WT:

____________________________________________________________________________________

w79 4/15 p. 25 "You Must Assist Those Who Are Weak" ***

the Bible convinces its reader that assisting the weak not only pleases God and Christ but is required for their favor.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I guess someone needs to DF THEM!! It's REQUIRED to help. What a messed up group.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

This is from the 2001 WT CD

*** km 8/81 p. 3 Contributing Toward an Accurate Report ***

The Society is interested in knowing how much time is spent in proclaiming God?s truths to those who are not dedicated, baptized Witnesses. So time spent in shepherding or other calls made on those who are not strong spiritually and those who have not associated for some time should not be counted if the individual is a baptized Witness. It is a labor of love. The only exception would be where a newly baptized person has not finished studying two of the Society?s publications.

____________________________________________________________________________________

That MUST be why I didn't "get help". There's no love.

• Preston
    Preston

Hi Gina (Freedom Frog)

Hmmmm, I understand what you are going through. How do you want to work this? DO you want to stay close with people in the congregation, or just have nothing to do with the congregation? I would just blow them off and be as evasive as possible. You'll only go through enough psychological torment with relation to how seriously you take their little interogation. Wouldn't you be happier not going anyway? I have never attended a JC before but...its just not in my nature to got through any religious kangaroo court, and I would never recommentd anyone to go through the buzz saw that is their cruel microscope. You seem content to me as is.

- Preston

• seven006
    seven006

Just send a letter to the guys in the JC meeting that your are giving the meeting the same level of importance they gave you when you asked for help. Then get caller ID and unplug your answering machine for a few months. You owe them the same thing they gave you, nothing.

Dave

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Kingdom Ministry 98/11:

ยท Is it still appropriate to conduct a home Bible study with an inactive brother or sister at the direction of one of the members of the Congregation Service Committee?

The elders have the responsibility to shepherd the congregation, including any members who have become inactive. They visit such ones and determine what personal assistance is needed. Where appropriate, this could include offering the inactive one the benefit of a personal Bible study. Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry, page 103, explains that the Congregation Service Committee would decide who might benefit from such a provision.

The service overseer determines who could best provide the assistance, what subjects should be studied, and which publication would be the most helpful. Perhaps the one who originally studied with the person or someone he has known and respected would be in a good position to help. A capable and mature sister may be asked to assist an inactive sister. Usually it would not be necessary for another publisher to accompany the assigned conductor. When assigned, the publisher conducting the study may count the time, the return visits, and the study.?See November 1987 Our Kingdom Ministry, pages 1-2.

Since the student is a baptized person, generally the study need not be continued for a prolonged period of time. The goal is to assist the inactive one to resume attendance at all congregation meetings and to become a regular publisher of the good news. The service overseer will monitor the progress of such studies. The result of this loving assistance should be that these brothers and sisters will be able to shoulder their own load of responsibility before Jehovah and become firmly "rooted and established" in the truth.?Eph. 3:17; Gal. 6:5.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Preston...

No...! I'm sick of them. I don't want any part of them. I just think it's interesting that my Mom is now calling to try to talk me into going. Dave (AA) and I think that it's because she went to the meeting yesterday and talked to an elder and he probably told her that I have a good chance of not getting DF'd if I did go, and if "I was truly sorry". I'm NOT truly sorry that I believe different. I've been to a total of 3 and it was hard! I don't want to go through that again.

When assigned, the publisher conducting the study may count the time, the return visits, and the study.

Narkissos...

I guess they just didn't have time then. I wonder what they are thinking now that I've left. I wonder if they wished they had made time for that study. I wouldn't want to be one of them now, I'd feel very guilty.

I'm out now and I'm happier about it.

It's just interesting, "slow to help...quick to punish."

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FF:As I mentioned on Dave's thread, you could REALLY piss them off by just having Dave go and claim that it was all his fault and that he insisted that you not attend that night. They would DF him, but then have no grounds to have you called to a JC!

Hehehe...

• dh
    dh
    it's because she went to the meeting yesterday and talked to an elder and he probably told her that I have a good chance of not getting DF'd if I did go

That is a standard tactic, get a family member to tell you 'it'll be okay' or get an elder you are friends with to con you into attending, then they df you. Son's of bitches.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

It's so sad, but sometimes it seems like they are looking for someone to use as an example to the cong. "sis so-and-so fell into Satan's grasp" but they never tell how they didnt do their part. Just like they do all that spying and stuff to find out the dirt being done (if any) but can't find time to HELP.....pitiful group they are......and not ALL of them...just MOST of them.....

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    but they never tell how they didnt do their part.

Yeah...and isn't it interesting that the ones that want to be "in good standing" with the Borg must also not be able to talk to the person DF'd? How would they ever find out what REALLY happened. I'm sure the Elders will "fail" to mention that they forgot to help out in my case. I was just a "stubborn, goat that didn't want to accept discipline. Oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit