Let's do something big for this year's memorial !

by Simon 62 Replies latest forum announcements

• wednesday
    wednesday

I stayed home for the very first time last year. My hubby and I drank the wine and I baked some bread. (Several people had recepies up on the board.) We read the passages from the scriptures and offered prayer. . I may not feel the need to do that this year, but it was sort of tramatic misssing the first memorial. I feel failry ok about it now. I really liked doing my own service.

• Xena
    Xena
    ok , ok ... (sulks back to room to play protest music )

It's the thought that counts Simon I considered vamping into the memorial one year just to see the looks on their faces....but then they might want to talk to me and stuff... so I didn't.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The idea is so powerfully tempting I cannot deny it.

Hm...

Delicious...

CZAR

• Odrade
    Odrade

I agree with LittleToe. It is probably the only meeting of the entire year when the whole lot of them actually worship in a christian manner. They accord deep respect to Christ and hold a sacred ceremony. I may not agree with their beliefs, either regarding Jesus OR the way they choose to "honor" him, (by refusing to partake,) but I do respect the symbolism. Now, disrupting the "Special Talk" which is nothing more than an hour-long infommercial for the WT Book Publishing and Indoctrination Society, well... sure! Nothing sacred about that one~ O

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA
    stayed home for the very first time last year. My hubby and I drank the wine and I baked some bread. (Several people had recepies up on the board.) We read the passages from the scriptures and offered prayer. . I may not feel the need to do that this year, but it was sort of tramatic misssing the first memorial. I feel failry ok about it now. I really liked doing my own service.

This sounds just what we do! Good for you and don't stop doing it. Be happy in your celebration, enjoy your family and don't forget to include the passover celebration in this as well. Remember, Jesus was celebrating the Passover when he broke the bread and drank the wine with his apostles.

Also remember that the JW's have the day wrong, they are one day off every year. Passover/Memorial this year is March 23, not 24. I've posted on this subject before :) I think I'm obsessing about it lol

Ash

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Go, drink. Drink the glass. Make "the suit" serving it have to go back and refill it then down it again if you get chance.

Why the heck wait until "the suit" serves it to you. It's up on the platform in full display before the meeting. Just go up and down a few glasses.

Wouldn't it really screw them up if they only had one bottle of wine ... and you finish it before the meeting even starts! What would they do then? While you're there, grab some crackers to eat with it, they're right beside the wine! Bring your own salt though, cuz they're dry!

Kwin

P.S. Too bad I didn't see this topic 2 weeks ago!

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA
    Anyway the bread is stale!! & it is only grape juice

I have been to a lot of KH's and every one I have been to always used real (cheap) wine.

My mom partook and she would drink about half of the contents of one of the glasses. It was always kinda neat to see the reactions of people around her when she did. or watch the people gasp as a nearly empty glass was put back at the front of the hall on the table.

Ash

• vitty
    vitty

Whats the date of the memorial ?

I really need to know thanks

• Special K
    Special K

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

Them J.W.'s sure have a lot of meetings, don't they?

SK

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Quote: "I don't like any of this at all. Its just wrong. I don't believe for one minute any of you would be disrespectful enough to go into another church service and purposefully disrupt it. and if you would, then I think thats childish.

Sometimes you just might give all the JWs the ammo they need.

Wrong, very wrong.

Scoob" end quote

Scoobysnax, you've obviously never met me before....... Brit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit