Best "quote" by your spouse.

by Simon 51 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon

The classic for me was several years ago. Angharad had just left to go out but came back after a few minutes with a very sheepish / worried look on her face.

"I hit something with the car" she whimpered.

"Argh ... what?" says I, thinking the worse (ie. damage to the car).

"The other car !"

Yes, she had managed to hit my company car with our car and put a scratch down both of them. The silver one had a green scrape and the green one had a silver scrape (and dent).

She is now leaning over my shoulder as I type this saying "tell them we lived in a narrow street and I had to reverse down a small gap"

So, the moral of the story is (apart from take the keys off her NOW) ... however bad you think things are at first, give it time - it will probably be much worse when the whole story unfolds.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, for me it was shortly after when Kate and I just bought our house.

I, of course, had certain ideas about what to do (being the construction guy that I am), and when I mentioned a certain idea about decks and handrails, she said "no, no, no, no, NO!"

LOL

I have now learned my proper place in the scheme of humanity.

• Angharad
    Angharad

OK lets just tell everyone that this happened about 8 YEARS ago and Simon is still bleating on about it - it is the ONLY time I have ever bumped the car and the scratch was SMALL and was POLISHED out.

Simon has a flare for the exaggeration

At least I have never ran out of petrol on the moterway and had to walk miles back to the petrol station - I can read a dial

• Simon
    Simon

hey !

You know that the dial was faulty ...

And it's funny how things "polish out" if the polish is identically colored spray paint isn't it ?!?!?

• onacruse
    onacruse
    Simon has a flare for the exaggeration

Craig-spell-check: that's "flair,", not "flare."

Unless, of course, you're implying that Simon has a bit of a preoccupation with incendiary devices.

As for women smashing up cars...I'll leave it up to Kate to do her proper confession.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Honey -- -(sheepishly) I have had a little accident - but I am OK - ---

• Simon
    Simon

I keep a supply of rockets in the pantry to send up whenever I'm exaggurating

To be fair, Angharad is a very good driver and has never had an accident. I always feel safe when she is driving.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I must admit my wife is careful and it is me that is aggressive when driving - especialyy on Interstate 70 - or the M6 between Birmingham and Carlisle come to think of it - and joining the M60 around the concrete tunnels -well lets not go there!

• upside/down
    upside/down

"You aren't going out dressed like THAT- are you?"

"Why did YOU get ME pregnant?"

u/d

• onacruse
    onacruse

roflmao...

one day, perhaps when they again start printing books in the UK, certain people will learn how to use a dictionary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit