Today's Daily Text.... A Direct Attack

by Doubtfully Yours 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

** The the truth should stand up to any scriptural attack correct? I always thought that if apostates were just the negative nay-sayers that the Jehobers claim they are, who merely attack the inperfect men then they would convince very few! So why should I fear them...

mkr,

Ever since I found the board H2O, and I began to defend the WTS beliefs...I found that after a while.....I *couldn't* defend these teachings, and that there were SO many loopholes that I never had a clue about. This is why the WTS has been running scared and pulling every tactic in the book to try and remain credible.

I used to get so angry with those that posted insulting and what I considered blasphemous remarks at my religion----only to really get down to the heart of the matter and see that they were right!

The worst feeling in the world was, after 30 years invested in the lies, is THEN wondering what do I do now that I *know* all this? It wasn't "fear" at all, it was anger at being deliberately duped.

Language is important because it helps shape our thoughts and emotions (and behavior!) about a subject. That being said, it should be fair and honest. It seems many forget that here.

With all due respect, Brad, I think that people here ARE being honest. If they feel a certain way--so be it. YOU may not think it's "fair", but we each have our own personal demons to shed as we heal from our WTS experience.

I would feel uncomfortable if I criticized someone's opinion and told them they weren't being fair to the WTS!!!! It might make a poster---old or new---think twice about saying something because the "fair and honest" Police would jump on what they may have said.

Given the nature of this board, and all the different types of personalities that post here, all the language differences here, and all the ages and levels of schooling presented here ---that this should be kept in mind as well.

Annie.........who also wants to be fair and honest.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

A Direct Attack

well actually DIRECT SELF PROTECTION ... they can't stand/handle real arguments

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

We will not abandon the organization that God is pleased to use.-Acts 6:7; 1 Cor. 3:6. w 2/15/04 9, 10a

Claiming to speak for God is what really pisses me off about many religions

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Uh ??? did Bush lurn for JW's or ... from guruslike (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/29/83508/1.ashx) as far as we don't know (if god does exist) if yes WHO HE IS and to WHO he gives his orders

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Well put. That would make Simon, our "Ralph Nader"

As long as Simon doesn't run for President....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Actually, the direct attacks came from the legal department with letters of Cease and Desist to Watchtower Observer and Quotes.

Yes, they are on the offensive. They are also offensive.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    Second, we love the organization that has taught us the precious truths that so plainly separate us from Babylon the Great

wheres the scripture that tells us to love an organization?

• Scully
    Scully

Bradley:

Language is important because it helps shape our thoughts and emotions (and behavior!) about a subject. That being said, it should be fair and honest. It seems many forget that here.

OK, so if we critique the WT and/or its publications in a "fair and honest" way to expose the WTS's use of language to 'help shape thoughts and emotions (and behavior!)'.... does that still constitute an attack?

<~~ does adding a "smiley face" make it less of an attack?

• PinTail
    PinTail

Simply put, the WTBTS dose not take kindly to anyone questioning them pure and plain. They are not humble in any sense of the word, if they were they would exsplain their dogmatic teachings that go astray rather than saying ah its just new light. LOL

Shane

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

How can we guard against being deceived by apostates? We "avoid them" by steering clear of their reasonings-whether in person, in printed form, or on the Internet. Why do we take such a stand? First, because God's Word directs us to do so, and we trust that Jehovah always has our best interests at heart. (Isa. 48:17, 18) Second, we love the organization that has taught us the precious truths that so plainly separate us from Babylon the Great. At the same time, we recognize that our knowledge of God's purpose is not perfect; our understanding has undergone adjustments over the years. Loyal Christians are content to wait on Jehovah for all such refinements. (Prov. 4:18) We will not abandon the organization that God is pleased to use.-Acts 6:7; 1 Cor. 3:6. w 2/15/04 9, 10a

"I love the Leader""na na na na na na na na Leaderrrrrrrrrrr"

c/o H.Simpson esq

Plenty of plural assumptions in that particular Days text.some People really should think for themselves you know.I speak as a Part time Defender of the Religion too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit