Today's Daily Text.... A Direct Attack

by Doubtfully Yours 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

second thoughts

To join the fun, Yes of course it is a direct attack on us and others like us who try to expose the WTBTS for what it is. They are rattled by the internet and its ability to bring, what they term, apostasy into every publisher's home and teenager's bedroom. Individually we may not achieve much but all together we are a serious, if uncordinated threat.

I believe that attacks like todays text have a counter productive outcome.. After all, that is what started me experimenting with the net after they published a special K Ministry on the subject.. I suspect that the old ladies "tut, tut" at the idea and the kids stay silent but rush home to type "Watchtower" into the search engine

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I believe that attacks like todays text have a counter productive outcome..

Yes, they do. When I was a good JW it never occurred to me there were "apostate" sites on the internet until I heard the society talking about them.

They're giving us free advertising.

Walter

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In my congregation, there's this sister that tells everybody that finally Jehovah has heard her prayers and attracted her husband to his Organization, and that she's so happy to have endured her test successfully.

This small-framed sister withstood 20+ years of physical, sexual, emotional, financial abuse at the hands of her towering husband.

Now, she tells everyone that'll listen that NOW was the right time for her husband to enter Jah's Organization, and other silly stuff.

Comments from the WTBTS such as today's will perpetuate all sorts of abuses within their ranks. It's sickening when you analize it all.

The real truth is, of course, that now that their children are grown and gone. Now that he's old and has health problems due to his years of alcohol abuse. Now that due to his age and illnesses he has no strength to continue his abuse, but she's continuing with her meetings and her JW life. Of course, NOW it's more than convenient for him to join the ranks and get all the help that comes by joining this click.

Such a farce that religion!

DY

• zealofjehu
    zealofjehu

i to believe it was a direct attack on apostates if you want to call us that, i for one dont like that term. they wrote the information with intent to put us in a bad light with the sole purpose of keeping jws away.

we however in this board talk to eack other to support each other and continue our fight i do not believe that we come here and talk to our friends in this board simply as a way of attacking the governing body but rather as a way of giving out the information we found.

now outside this board i will be the first to say it

attack away

fire in the hole

(but always with christian love)

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Jehovah's Witness "attacks" are sneaky and underhanded, kinda like the sweet little girl who pokes her baby brother with a sharp stick when no one's looking then says "oh poor baby" when it starts crying. the difference between "us" and them is that we just share our experiences and express our feelings and opinions about them with no ulterior motive. and as everyone knows, every motivation from them is an ulterior one.

• TruthBringer
    TruthBringer

"How can we guard against being deceived by apostates? We "avoid them" by steering clear of their reasonings-whether in person, in printed form, or on the Internet."

Of course this is a typical defense of any cult. Any education is dangerous since it may open one's eyes and truth revealing session.

One question I have is that why would you "avoid them" when the subject is strictly scriptures? Wouldn't that be the same exposure you will get in field work? (i.e. one who might be knowledgable about the scriptures and raise a valid question such as):

Excuse me brother.. what do you think is the meaning of this passage since you mentioned only 144,000 will enter Heaven?

REV.07:09: After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Oh nooooo.. I think we need to avoid this question. Next!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    How can we guard against being deceived by apostates? We "avoid them" by steering clear of their reasonings-whether in person, in printed form, or on the Internet."

This was something that I never understood... (until recently lol) Why avoid apostates if you have the truth? The the truth should stand up to any scriptural attack correct? I always thought that if apostates were just the negative nay-sayers that the Jehobers claim they are, who merely attack the inperfect men then they would convince very few! So why should I fear them... I never even thought that my beliefs could be adversly affected by the bible... how wrong I was

• Dansk
    Dansk
    We will not abandon the organization that God is pleased to use

True! But as God obviously isn't using Watchtower and its sins have amassed right up to heaven abandoning it is the best thing we could possibly do.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I gotta stick up for bradley on this one. I think that the denial that we attack the wt directly is based on an emotion. A button has been pushed. Logic would say, of course we attack the wt directly, and where it hurts too, because we know where all its weak points are. But of course we do a lot of other things that are more positive too.

Our attack is the most effective, bar none. Identifying the emotion which would cause us to deny that we attack the wt would be a good thing, imo.

S

• logansrun
    logansrun

JW on the Day's Text: "Isn't it great the faithful slave warns us of the dangers of the apostates?"

Ex-JW on the Day's Text : "That's a direct attack from the "faithful slave" on us apostates!"

JW on "apostate website" : "It's terrible how these bitter ones attack the organization!"

Ex-JW on "apostate website" : "Isn't it great that this website is up to warn people of the dangers of the Witnesses?"

It's all subjective, folks. The WT uses obfuscation and emotional pleading to keep JWs in line, and many (not all) ex-JWs use faulty logic and, even more, extreme emotionalism to "combat" the WTS. Of course, in the final analysis, I believe the WT is wrong so that puts me more on the "side" of the apostates.

Language is important because it helps shape our thoughts and emotions (and behavior!) about a subject. That being said, it should be fair and honest. It seems many forget that here.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit