Today's Daily Text.... A Direct Attack

by Doubtfully Yours 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Out of pure curiosity, not because I read it daily, but I read the daily text today in the Spanish little booklet. I found it to be a direct attack to 'Apostates' in the Internet.

Can someone scan it and print it here in English?! Pretty please!!!

The WTBTS' comment lets me know sites like this one sure are doing some damage.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

I suggest that you post the scripture reference and the WT, year, month, page and paragraph it is quoted from. Traditionally, these are taken from the WT of the previous 12 months. If someone has the 2003 CD, they can post it.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Just out of curiosity, but would you refer to many of the things discussed here about JWs or the WTS as a "direct attack" against them?

Bradley

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I consider that by us being here, and openly considering the WTBTS tactics, whether a direct attack or not, we sure have caused and will continue to cause some damage to their numbers.

DY

• logansrun
    logansrun

So, is what "we" do here a "direct attack" against the Society or not? Don't wait for the translation, answer the question!

Bradley

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Does anyone have the Daily Text little booklet in English that can scan it and show it here?

I can try to translate some of what I read to English, but it'd lose meaning in translation.

It had wonderful quotes about the WTBTS not being perfect, but that its members were happy with its directive given by Jehovah in due time; also something else about avoiding apostates in the Internet and not listening to their lies, and comparing them to some of Satan's behavior; also about waiting patiently on Jehovah when some matters were not clear, while being very busy preaching.

Just the sequence and wording of it all sounded like a desperate plea not to look for outside information. Oh yes, they're hurting bad!!!

DY

• G Money
    G Money

Post in Spanish, I'll translate.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Logansrun,

As usual, you're taking it too deep and far unnecessarily.

Keep it real and light. Don't you be a hijacker now!

Are you in a drinking binge again?!

DY

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ditto for you, Logan. You have failed to answer a few of my questions in the last month.

Direct attack or criticism? Are we actively pursuing active JW's and dissuading them from their faith? I see rather, that we are like a consumer advocacy group, bringing the leadership to account. If doubting JW's wander in here, it is because they are seeking information, the other side of the story, checking to see if their gut feeling has some merit.

In a democratic society, such checks and balances makes us all more accountable. I think we can cause the organization to reform for the good. If they would listen.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Friday, January 14

Keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them. - Rom. 16:17.

How can we guard against being deceived by apostates? We "avoid them" by steering clear of their reasonings-whether in person, in printed form, or on the Internet. Why do we take such a stand? First, because God's Word directs us to do so, and we trust that Jehovah always has our best interests at heart. (Isa. 48:17, 18) Second, we love the organization that has taught us the precious truths that so plainly separate us from Babylon the Great. At the same time, we recognize that our knowledge of God's purpose is not perfect; our understanding has undergone adjustments over the years. Loyal Christians are content to wait on Jehovah for all such refinements. (Prov. 4:18) We will not abandon the organization that God is pleased to use.-Acts 6:7; 1 Cor. 3:6. w 2/15/04 9, 10a

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit