Today's Daily Text.... A Direct Attack

by Doubtfully Yours 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

For many here who have suffered various types of abuse by the Society, the words we say here are a mere squeak by comparison.

And very often, what we say here is a response to a direct attack initiated by them.

They shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.

Walter

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I can't post it word for word in Spanish because I don't have it with me. I happened to read it when I visited a relative's home today. I smiled inside as I was reading it.

DY

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn Bradley... what crawled up your butt last night? You've been grouchy all day.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Jgnat said:

I see rather, that we are like a consumer advocacy group, bringing the leadership to account.

Well put. That would make Simon, our "Ralph Nader"

• logansrun
    logansrun

I'm not grouchy at all. I just think that the term "direct attack" isn't the best terminology. It's emotionally loaded. If you're going to say that the Daily Text is a "direct attack" against internet apostates (funny they don't mention any by name -- how could it be "direct"?) then you must as well say that what "we" do against the Society is also a "direct attack."

There's too much whining and irrational thinking about the WTS. I try and balance this out as best I can. Call me an iconoclast.

Bradley

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Thanks Euphemism!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

If this discussion were at the dinner table I'd call your nitpicking at terminology a bit boarish toward the thread author.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Why do we take such a stand? First, because God's Word directs us to do so,

No. As i recall it tells us to "Make sure of all things" and only "Hold fast to what is fine"

Second, we love the organization that has taught us the precious truths that so plainly separate us from Babylon the Great.

Typical loyalty ploy. But are supposed to be loyal to an organisation? What do dubs tell members of churches to do ?

our understanding has undergone adjustments over the years.

Sure has , mine has changed a lot and adjusted by 180degrees..

I could have enjoyed conducted the discussion of the text this morning, but I dont suppose they would have me back a second time

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Funny, if I read that in April 1983 I may not have left the Catholic church to join those apostate Jehovah's Witnesses that came to my door.

Walter

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I sure love how they word the last part of their comment:

"we recognize that our knowledge of God's purpose is not perfect; our understanding has undergone adjustments over the years. Loyal Christians are content to wait on Jehovah for all such refinements. (Prov. 4:18) We will not abandon the organization that God is pleased to use."

So, it's not that we've really found the truth about their dealings, but rather that we're disloyal individuals. THE NERVE!!!

This feeds into the general JW mentality to sit through any kind of awful event, child sex abuse included, because in 'due time' Jehovah will straighten everything out!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit